XIX

Sɴᴇᴀᴋʏ Aɴɢᴇʟ

Life has been more peaceful after the serious talk between M/n and Zhongli, though the progress has halted, all was well

Life has been more peaceful after the serious talk between M/n and Zhongli, though the progress has halted, all was well... Except for M/n's swelling curiosity to know who the mysterious orange-haired male was. M/n has tried to seek the male out but it was no use, he nearly gave up.
"How does one summon their angel? Hmm, but he called himself a devil...So how would I summon a devil in this world?"M/n said mumbling to himself, completely unaware of the male of topic was watching nearby, Childe chuckles lightly at the king; given that he could hear all that he mumbles out.

Childe was intrigued by M/n, not only by his beauty, and kindness but his power and abilities to change people's hearts.
"Such a silly king."Childe watches M/n from the top of a tree, he was told to stay out of sight for the time being but in all honesty, he wanted to greet the male and walk the field with him.
"Hmm, it wouldn't hurt if I hung around him for an hour...Hehe, he was trying to summon me in the first place~" With a flash, Childe was behind the clueless king as he happily gathered flowers, herbs, and berries.
"Hello, little king~"

"ACK! It's you, mister angel!"

"Still calling me an angel, huh? Am I really that angelic to you?"

"Well, you did ease me into a peaceful sleep...I hadn't slept that peaceful in a while, so thank you for that."Childe smiles at M/n then asked what he was doing in the field; even though he was watching and already knew.
"Oh, I'm teaching my friends about useful herbs, berries, and flowers. A lot of them have healing properties and other small effects that'll help you in a bind. Like this emerald, green berry can change your voice for up to an hour."

"Oh?! That's cool, could you teach me a bit more?"

"Sure, but! You have to tell me your name!"Childe blinks for a second, he didn't think the king would jump to that first but he didn't mind it.
"My name... It's...What if don't give you my official name?"

"A name is a name, whatever you're comfortable with me calling you."

"Call me...Ajax when we're alone and when we're near others call me Childe."Childe coos while tilting M/n's head up to get a better look at his golden eyes, something about them drew Childe to lean in closer.
"Ajax?"

"Hmm, I like it when you say my real name-"
Before anything could happen, Childe heard someone approaching and vanished, leaving M/n alone in the field.
"M/n?"

"Oh hey, Aether!!! What brings you out to the field?"

"Diluc said you were out alone, so I came to join you- Oh what's up with this green berry?"Aether asked while placing it near his to eat, M/n just watches the blondie; waiting to see if he would eat it without a proper reply as to what it was.
"Well, if you're interested in eating it go right ahead, I'm not stopping you."

"So it's edible! Alright down the hatch!"M/n chuckles lightly after Aether pops the berry into his mouth, Aether could taste a slight sweetness and earthiness to it, when Aether opens his mouth, Paimon's sweet little voice is what both males hear. M/n covered his mouth to hold back his laughter and Aether openly panics. After an hour Aether laughs lightly then asked M/n what the berry was.
"It's a voice changing berry."

"Why didn't you tell me that first?"

"You wouldn't have learned anything if I did."Aether chuckles once again then asked if M/n needed anything before he heads off onto the mission assigned to him by Jean. M/n shakes his head and wished Aether well, that's when Childe dropped back onto view; startling the hell out of M/n.
"Ah!! Where-"

"Sorry but I can't let anyone see me right now, well besides you that is. So about herbology!"

·͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

After the sun began to set, Childe sent M/n off with a smile however once the male was out of sight another appears.
"What have I told you about indulging in your wants? You'll end up like the others if you keep this up."

"You're the one who instructed me to watch over him in the first place. You know I have a weakness for people like him... However, what's your deal with him, Escal?" The mysterious male smiles but Childe could not see it, for the cloak the man wore blocked him from doing so.
"He's special."

"Yeah, indeed he is or you wouldn't have trusted me to watch him. M/n is also a sweetheart, he thinks of me as an angel-"

"You're nowhere near an angel!"Childe pouts playfully at Escal then remarks that if M/n said it, it must be true! Escal only deadpans at Childe then shakes his head.
"Anyway, don't indulge too much. Limit your contact with him and only interfere if absolutely necessary."

"Hahahaha, funny of you to assume I'd listen to you."