Chapter 2 - Last Laugh

I return to town with my quest completed and my pride utterly destroyed. I sit on a nearby bench and let out a defeated sigh, but reminded myself I got some great information on the Jester class just now.

"The play style has a lot to do with gambling, but I'm hoping the results won't stay as varied."

The new passive was already proof enough that the class has a high risk, high reward aspect to it. I pull up my skills again and equip Knife Juggler then open Last Laugh seeing as how it's the only skill I didn't take the time to read.

[Passive] Last Laugh

MP: -

-When taking fatal damage, drop to 1 HP instead and reset the cooldown of active skills.

Cooldown: 15 minutes.

I pause for a second, sitting in silence, then face-palming myself with a loud SMACK!

0 Damage Taken.
In safe zone.

Well, at least the safe zone works. I shake my head, slightly disappointed in myself for being too hasty then equip both passives right away. After I've throughly taken a look at my current specs, I head back to the quest board to accept the next quest of the first Level.

Story Quest 2

"Hobgoblin Terror!"
Defeat 1 Hobgoblin
Rewards: 60 Gold

"Well, would you look at that? I can get my revenge on the Hobgoblin from earlier, but to be honest I think he's above my level right now. I should see if I can upgrade my gear first."

I set out to look for a shop that is beginner friendly and found a nice looking one near the quest board. It's a humble market stand with various blades and shields on display. The sounds of grinding metal can be heard from behind the blue curtain that separates the store front and the workshop. Clearly an independent blacksmith's shop.

The shopkeeper, an NPC named Tanner, waves to me and says "Hello there, Adventurer! How may we be of service today?" I smile and wave back.

"I'm looking to upgrade my gear." I open my inventory and take out the Rusty Dagger and show it to him. He eyes it and takes a look at the various daggers on display. He takes one and holds it up to me.

"This dagger is a fine piece, one of the more common pieces we have, but effective nonetheless." He claims, selling me on this dagger. I take a look at the dagger and see that it's a Basic Dagger and costs 10 Gold.

I nod to him and held out the Rusty Dagger again. "How much would you give me for this?" The shopkeep raises his brow inquisitive.

"2 Gold." I nod and hand him the Rusty Dagger, as well as 8 Gold. "For the new dagger." I explain. He takes the Rusty Dagger and stores it into his inventory and does the same with the gold. He gives me a warm smile and a slight bow.

"Thank you for your business, kind Adventurer. Also, if you come across any rare ore, please let us fashion you a new weapon out of it! I promise we'll make it worth the trouble." Just then a quest notification pops up.

Secret Quest: "A Blacksmith's Passion 1"
- Bring Tanner 1x Kijinite Ore
Reward: ???

A secret quest? That's odd. From what I've read, every player has a low chance of receiving a secret quest from NPC's, but the chance is extremely low. Maybe I'm just lucky? Wait... luck? That's it! Jester's Key Stats are Dexterity and Luck! I quickly open up my status screen.

Player Status: Cyrus
Class: Jester
HP: 19/19
Level: 2
P. Attack: 6
M. Attack: 5
Vitality: 5
Dexterity: 8
Agility: 6
P. Defense: 6
M. Defense: 5
Luck: 9