Chapter 9

I slowly opened my eyes, and rubbed them gently. They were still quite puffy, from crying for so long. It took a minute or two for my eyes to adjust to the brightness, although, it was looking to be quite dark outside. It'd have to be around evening time by now, maybe even later than that....

"Wait!"

I quickly looked around, searching for my phone. I found it rather quickly, as it was right beside me. As I looked at it, I noticed it was quite a few hours later, maybe eight hours. I smiled lightly, giving a soft sigh. I had slept! And on top of that, I actually felt a whole lot better.

To be honest, I couldn't remember when it was that I fell asleep. The last thing I remember, is that I was talking to Soomin, then all of a sudden I wasn't. I then quickly looked back at my phone, out of instinct really. And oh my....

I hurriedly unlocked my phone, seeing countless calls from one person. I panicked as I fumbled to open the right app, to call back. I put the phone to my ear, after tapping on Sejin's number. I hope nothing bad happened while I was asleep. I can't believe I-

"Thank you so much for calling back!" I heard, only a few seconds into hearing the usual ring of a pending call. "I was just about to call your workplace looking for you, as something urgent came up."

"Is it regarding Namjoon?" I asked, hearing an instant hum in response. "I'll be there as soon as I can!"

I quickly ended the call, without getting any more information from Sejin. All I know, is that Namjoon wasn't doing well. So, I really have to hurry up, to make up for missing the previous few calls.

I quickly got up, not even realising how easy it was to do so, this time round. I walked around my apartment, trying to find my ID card, as I also looked for an easy outfit to change into. After changing into the first thing I saw, I rushed out the door, not even bothering to throw on a proper coat, just a light one that was thrown on my bed, that kept very little heat in. I didn't want to waste any time, on such unnecessary things, as I knew my first priority was to get to the BigHit building as soon as possible.

All I had with me, as I ran down the stairs of my apartment building, was my ID card and my phone. I didn't even bother to ring for a taxi, as the building wasn't even that far away from where I live. I didn't know that before, and spent quite a bit of money on the taxi, just to go a few minutes down the road. I also wanted to get going quickly, and continue to be on the go, so I felt like I would be making progress continuously. I didn't fancy waiting in anticipation for a taxi, having no way to make the journey any shorter, as I would have no control in the matter.

Then as I opened the door to my apartment building, which lead me outside, I noticed that I should have thought twice about my clothing choice. I could make out small droplets of rain, falling one after another in a rhythmic tune. Maybe I should have taken a bit of time, to find my raincoat-

 Maybe I should have taken a bit of time, to find my raincoat-