𝐈𝐕.𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

LAKE

Steve let out a groan as he was slammed into the wall. He brought his hand up to rub the back of his head, looking towards the man who had pinned him again the wall.

"Stay away from Darla." Seethed Mateo.

"What?" Steve furrowed his brows, hitting Mateo's hands off him.

"Stay away from Darla." He repeated, only slower. "She's not your girl. She's mine." Steve just scoffed in response. "I know you love her, Mr Captain Rogers." Mateo laughed mockingly.

His tongue ran over his bottom lip. His fingers dug deeper into Steve's biceps.

"If you go near her again, you're dead." Mateo pulled Steve forward before slamming him back against the walls again and walking off, leaving Steve dumbfounded.

He had no idea what had just gone on or why. But the last time Mateo acted like that, Steve ended up with a split lip and black eye. When he tried to tell Darla that Mateo needed to go, she told him that Mateo was her boyfriend.

So, he knew she wouldn't believe him this time either.

~

The lights went down as Darla walked through the halls. She needed some time to think.

"I'm gonna get blamed for this, I just know it." She uttered to herself. She knew better than to go back to the main office, so instead, she ran to where they were keeping Bucky.

Darla ran into the room to hear Bucky screaming. He had broken free from his restraints and began to punch the glass on his cell,

"Nine." Zemo spoke in russian. "Benign."

Darla furrowed her brows, and watched as Bucky continued to punch the glass. Her heart was racing, Bucky seemed to be in a state of distress.

"Homecoming." Zemo continued to read. "One. Freight car."

"Stop!" Darla shouted, blasting the man back as Bucky broke free. He knelt down on the floor, his breathing heavy, which brought a great sense of anxiety to the girl.

"Soldier?" Zemo spoke as he stood up.

"Bucky?" Darla whispered out.

"Ready to comply." Bucky responded calmly looking at the doctor, who just smirked.

"Mission report. December 16, 1991." Zemo demanded.

"No." Darla cried. "Bucky don't." The girl blasted Bucky back, which she instantly regretted as he lunged towards her. "Here we go again."

Bucky slammed his fist into the girls stomach, making her let out a gasp. She began coughing, desperately needing air as Bucky's hand wrapped around her neck and lifted her up. Her legs dangled down slightly.

She placed her hand on the man's shoulder, shocking him, making Bucky let the girl go. He slammed his fist into the wall behind her.

"Bucky." The girls eyes met his. "Think about Steve Rogers." She whispered, hoping it would bring him back. Bucky cocked his head slightly, and clenched his fist slightly. He pulled his hand back and slammed it into Darla's face, making her fall to the ground with a groan. "Or don't, you dickhead."

"Darla." Steve gasped once he saw the girl on the floor. He brought her head up and placed it in his lap.

"Bucky's not Bucky." She whispered before her eyes rolled into the back of her head.

~

Once Darla woke up, she was alone. Steve was gone, as was Sam and Zemo. She groaned as she stood up, her head was pounding.

She stumbled out of the office and into the hallway where she saw Bucky fighting with Tony.

"Don't hurt him." She cried as she noticed Tony's clenched fist. Tony turned around at the panicked voice, causing him to be elbowed in the face by Bucky. "Sorry." She muttered as she blasted Bucky. Both Sharon and Natasha came in to fight Bucky as Darla fell to the floor.

"What's wrong?" Tony rushed up to the girl, his hands cupping her face.

"Oh, Well, Bucky gave me a nice blow to the head." She chuckled sarcastically as T'Challa came to fight with Bucky. "Find me Mateo." She tapped the man's shoulder, Tony nodded and rushed off.

"You're coming with me." Bucky snarled as he grabbed Darla's bicep and dragged her with him. She was too weak to fight, she could barely even stand. But he needed leverage.

"Hey, Bucky, James." She paused. "What do you go by?" She questioned, earning a glare from him as he dragged her up to the rooftop. Darla's eyes widened once she saw the helicopter. "I actually don't like helicopters. They make me uncomfortable." She lied.

Bucky scoffed and threw her into the helicopter before climbing in himself. He powered up the helicopter as the door flew open to the building and Steve was revealed.

"You don't talk much do you?" Darla questioned, hoping to distract him, but it didn't work. Bucky had seen Steve.

Steve sprinted up the stairs the second that he saw Darla in the helicopter. He grabbed one of the landing skids and tried his hardest to pull down on the helicopter. He slowly made his way to the edge, his fingers wrapped around the ledge.

"Wow." Darla watched as Steve managed to pull the helicopter back. She could tell that he was struggling, but he wasn't giving up. "That is just-wow."

Bucky steered the helicopter towards the ledge, making Steve jump away and cover his head as the helicopter slammed against the roof top. Darla let out a small scream as the helicopter span.

"Steve?" She shouted weakly as Bucky slammed his hand through the glass window and wrapped it around Steve's neck. The helicopter slowly toppled, making them fall into the lake.

Darla's head smashed against the window, making her fall unconscious once again.

Steve looked between both Bucky and Darla, both were unconscious and not moving. His arms wrapped around the pair as he pulled them up from the lake.