chapter 59

TW: sectumsempra scene. so blood and sad and yeah

__________________________

panic seizes my chest as i look over to the door, seeing harry just disappearing around the corner. i look back across from me, seeing theo looking more worried than i've ever seen him.

"theo, we've got to revise that thing for—"

"herbology! right! shit, i'd forgotten. we'd better get—"

"down to the greenhouses—"

"now," theo finishes, giving me an understanding nod.

"wait, i thought you were—" pansy starts, giving theo a funny look.

"changed partners, pans. didn't want to be weighed down by goyle," he leans across the table quick, kissing her cheek and then looking back to me.

"y/l/n, we better—"

"go, yeah," i nod, standing as well.

we don't have time to answer anyone's clarifying questions before departing from the table and rushing towards the exit, leaving our lunch plates still half full.

"where did they—?"

"left, they went to the left," i say, not stopping for theo as i continue down the corridor.

"where would he go—?"

"i don't know, theo!" i snap, picking up my pace and scanning the hallways.

"right— right— i'm just—" he says breathlessly, following being me with hurried steps.

"i know, me too," i respond, urging myself to stay calm as we turn yet another corner, hopelessly searching for any sign of them. of harry, of blaise, of draco. anyone.

we turn what seems like the hundredth corridor and we find blaise, pacing around in circles.

"zabini—!" theo starts, but he's hardly gotten it out before blaise's head snaps to us, and he's running in our direction.

"i— i don't know where he went, i've completely lost him—"

"you what—?" i hiss between my teeth, straightening up to try and get closer to his height.

"he walks really fast—"

"fuck kind of excuse is that?" theo says, lowering his brow at blaise and crossing his arms, leaning towards me.

"well?" theo huffs, scowling at blaise, "come up with any bright ideas whilst you've been pacing around this hall?"

blaise glares at theo as he looks up from the floor, brow furrowed in thought.

"nott, remember where we found him after," blaise looks to me for a second, "after the first fight— when we had just gotten back."

"which fight—"

"i told him to 'go fucking mediate', and next thing i knew you were waking me up at 2 in the morning because he was having a panic attack." i fill in the blanks for theo, "i remember."

theo looks between blaise and i, and suddenly seems to have the realization dawn on him.

"y/l/n, it's the second floor loo that all the girls avoid, right?" theo says, looking over at me curiously.