⁂ 01 ⁂

♥︎ ♥︎ ♥︎

♥︎ ♥︎ ♥︎

The hustle and bustle of her surroundings didn't affect her as she silently sat in a corner of the hall, on the empty space near the window, immersed in reading her book.

"Oof! Take this basket of flowers inside for now. And did you look at the lights outside? They aren't even as bright as my bare face right now, go arrange for more." Hamida, her eldest aunt, was going berserk with the arrangerments for her eldest son's wedding, which was held in the haveli, that very night.

All her cousins and family members were there, as they were all busy with the preparations of the wedding of the eldest son of the family. The young girls and boys of her age all excited about the dance they were going to perform the night, as they kept practicing with loud music turned on.

However, she wasn't interested. For her, it was going to be a difficult night since he was going to be here too. She told her heart that she just had to act completely normal infront of him, but how could she when only the mention of his name infront of her made her heart flip flop, when she would literally lose her wits if she ever chatted with him which was a rare case since he was a very busy man now.

"Soha!" Her mother called out from the other side of the hall, standing near the open kitchen. She was so into reading, as the story was reaching it's climax. She slowly got up, taking tiny steps towards the kitchen, her eyes not leaving the lines on the pages infront of her.

"Here. Take these flower petals to Musa's room." She handed her a shopper to be taken to the groom's room for decoration. Soha hummed in response, holding it, her eyes still attached to her book.
"And keep this book away for today at least, and join your cousins." Her mother shook her head at her daughter, who just replied with a "hmm" again and left to do the task.

She was so into her book, as she finished reading the last line and moving the shopper of flower petals onto her wrist, she tried using her hand to turn the page. Not realising her surroundings, she walked carefree in the straight direction, where she was hit into someone's arm really hard, the book almost flying off her hand as she dropped the shopper to save it instead.

"Wh-" Her words hung in open air as she didn't even bother to shut her mouth looking at him standing before her eyes with all his might.

The flower petals spread out of the shopper around and under their feet, as they stood there, facing each other after a whole four years.

He passed her his soft smile, completely the same as before, but maturity visible in his features now. His hair neatly brushed, the black dot still the same under his right eye, he wore his business suit looking broader as if he had worked out a lot to literally carry the large business on his shoulders.