Chapter 9.

Echoing off of the walls of Emily's bedroom was the tormenting sound of the alarm with no plan of stopping on its own. As Emily reached over in attempt to hit it off, the weight of a warm arm slung over her bare waist halted her in her tracks, making her turn to find him.

For he had come over to rebuild a coffee table, and never left - just ended up in the bed she had promised Leila could use, if necessary.

"Aaron." She whispered, attempting to shake him awake.

"Hmm?" His arm tightened, bringing her closer to his body that radiated heat.

"Aaron, you've got to go. Leila's going to wake up soon, and you don't have clothes here and we have work." She said, trying to wiggle out of his grip. She failed. Instead of replying, he began kissing down from behind her ear, to her shoulder, leaving small marks along the way. "Aaron, c'mon." She breathed out.

"But you're warm, and..." He muttered, beginning to fall into his sleep once again.

"And, you are going to leave." She finished his sentence, grappling his arm and freeing herself from his grip, before finally turning the alarm off.

He turned over, facing the ceiling, with his arms over his eyes until they could adjust to the blaring sunlight shining through the gap in the sheer drapes. "Fine, but I was very happy in my sleep."

"As was I but we have work, and she can't see you." She collected the clothes off of the floor, before chucking them onto the bed and sorting them into piles. His and hers.

The comforter finally opened out, revealing the almost naked man, whose arms she was previously wrapped in. Oh, how she wished she didn't have to hide this. This 'relationship' or whatever it is, made her truly happy but the fact she's hiding it from everyone made it feel like she was cheating. Who she would be cheating on would be unknown, but it she was guilt-ridden. Guilty of lying to her co-workers, her friends, her foster child. Everyone she could possibly think of, that she knows, she felt like she was lying to.

He walked up behind her, wrapping his arms around her still-bare waist, as she continued sorting clothes. "Ok, yours and mine. No mix-ups this time." She said with a hint of sarcasm hidden in her voice, as she turned in his arms, before taking a look at the man she desired so desperately.

"Em-"

"Ah, starting from..." She looked at the alarm clock that read '5:47' "...6:30, I am Prentiss, so use your 'Em's' lightly." She teased him.

"Anyways, Em, carrying on, I think we need to talk about us later."

She loosened her hug around his torso and stepped back. "Aaron, we've talked about us, a lot. Give it time, I don't want to rush anything."

"And we aren't. I don't want to rush things, but I also don't want to wait."

"We're having dinner together later, with the kids. We will talk then." She turned, holding his jeans and t-shirt - a rare outfit for anyone except Jack to see him in - before passing them to him. "Get dressed, Mr. She can't know you were here all night."

Little to Prentiss' knowledge, Leila had woken up in the middle of the night, in need of a drink only to find 2 full wine glasses and a still-broken coffee table. She was no profiler, but it was clear to her that Aaron had slept round, even after Emily told the kid she wouldn't let him. It wasn't unexpected, for she knew it was coming, but how many times would Emily do or say things and then do the opposite before Leila had to confront her?

Aaron left quietly, shortly after getting dressed, as Emily hopped in the shower and Leila woke up again, beginning to get dressed. As she slipped her jumper on over her black tee, she realised the only way Emily knew her was due to a case that put her life in harm's way in order to save others. They hadn't discussed what would happen if Emily left on a case, and if she never returned.