Chapter-98

Aniruddh Dev Singh grinned wide as he stepped out of the cab, his feet touching the soil of Tanka Nilam, his home. At 15, he was 5' 10'' with an athletic build. Ani had a special bond with his great grandmother and his uncle Sagar. He loved these lands as it always made him feel whole.

Ani had been studying in a prestigious boys school in Ooty and, this had been his second home for past 3 years. Ani hop skipped jumped across the fields making his way to his home. Some recognized him and waved while few came forward to bless the young boy, he gladly accepted all. Requesting them to keep his arrival a secret. He jumped into a puddle laughing his heart out. Ani lifted his eyes, his smile going wider realizing that he was close to the place he called home.

***

Neelambari bowed to the deity, offering the flowers as a prayer. Age had made her made movements difficult, but she still preferred moving around and doing the most. Walking slowly to the huge wooden swing, she slowly sat , her eyes moving to the door. She could hear the workers talking outside and day seemed normal. Taking a deep breath, she leaned on the back rest closing her eyes.

Ani took off his shoes stepping onto the foyer, his eyes moving to direction of wooden swing which made a creaking sound. He smiled, tip toed and gently covered his great grandmother's eyes.

After a moment of shock, Neelambari smiled. Her fingers caressing Ani's over er eyes. ''How are you Aniruddh Singh.''

Aniruddh let go her eyes, wrapping his arms around her. ''I missed you Patti.''

''So did I.'' She replied kissing his hand. Aniruddh was busy talking to his Patti when a deafening scream made him jump. A 5-year-old girl ran straight to him throwing him off to the floor. She hugged him tight still screaming in excitement. ''Devi, enough.'' He tried calming the little girl.

Devi aka Devyani Devansh Singh, younger sister of Aniruddh. She had been named after Sona's mother and Neelambari's daughter. Devi stared at her brother, still on the floor. She hugged him again and he smiled. ''I get it, you missed me.'' 10 years younger to Ani, Devi was Dev's life. While Rolli got teased for the accidental baby. She proudly declared that she finally was able to seduce her husband for a second child.

Dev sat up, Devi still in his lap. After a moment, he blinked. ''Wait, are mom and dad here too.''

''You wanted to surprise us. Well, we thought of surprising you.'' Neelambari responded

''You knew about my arrival.''

''Your uncle is possessive about you. '' Ani shook his head; Sagar had always been overprotective about him and made sure to keep tabs on Ani.

Dev hugged his son, ''You have grown tall.'' Ani smiled hugging his mother next. Devi kept rejoicing dancing all around. ''Shut it or I will tape your mouth.'' That came from Rolli. Devi climbed onto the swing, hiding in Neelambari's arms. The elder lady stared at the young girl, her memories going back to her late daughter. ''If I am alive for next 10 years; I will find a girl for my Ani.'' And the boy blushed. Dev had finally had the peace he had been so desperate for.

''Ma..but.'' Chitra stood her head hung low as her mother Sitara vented out her frustration. ''Your kids are devils. Specially, those twins. Dare you send them together to my house.'' Chitra nodded like an obedient child. Once Sitara left, she took long steps towards her kid's room. Out of the three, Rudra was the calm one. When it came to Raghav and Riddhan, it was all about mischief.

''Chitra, what's wrong.'' Sona halted her steps.

''What's wrong? Just tell me one person who hasn't complained about my kids. I mean they never learn.''