Chapter 3A

Taehyun's POV

I WOKE UP when I heard the alarm that I set last night. Today, I'll return the guitar we saw at the airport yesterday. I glanced at the other bed in the room and discerned that Beomgyu was gone. I don't know what happened to that lad last night. He said he'll just go around the hotel because he ate too much and then when he returned he looked like he saw a ghost or something.

I scooted into the bathroom to take a bath. After that, I looked for clothes in my bag. I couldn't arrange my clothes into the cabinets last night due to fatigue. I brought out a plain white shirt and a pair of pants. I peered at my watch and saw that there is still twenty minutes before the time we discussed. I saw the cafe the owner was talking about on the way here. The cafe isn't that far from the hotel so I think 20 minutes is fine.

"You're awake?" Soobin asked. Yeonjun and Soobin are watching television in the living room. "Yeonjun prepared breakfast."

Kai suddenly came out of their room still rubbing his eyes, he seemed to just wake up. "I'll eat outside. I'll bring this back." I showed them the guitar case hovering over my shoulder.

Yeonjun looked at me, "Is Beomgyu awake?"

"Beomgyu wasn't in the room when I woke up," I responded to Yeonjun's question.  Yeonjun and Soobin looked at each other and then shrugged their shoulders at the same time. Where is he? I'm sure he'll be back any minute. He's not the type who'll go out without notifying us so I hope he's just nearby.

I put on my shoes. "I'm leaving."

Soobin and Yeonjun nodded still paying attention to what they were watching while Kai is eating what Yeonjun cooked at the dining table. I bustled out of our hotel room and headed straight to the elevator. I quickly rode it and pushed the ground floor button. When I heard the sound signaling that I was on the ground floor already, I immediately got out of the elevator when it opened. I was stepping out of the hotel when I met Beomgyu.

"Taehyun?"

"Did you went out to jog?" I asked him.

"I need to clear my mind." He simply said. He glanced at the guitar case I'm carrying now. "You'll return it?"

I nodded. "I think this will be used today. I actually planned on returning it  yesterday but the owner said today will be fine."

"I'll come with you!"

I was shocked by what he said. Just last night he seemed like he's not in the mood but now you notice that his bubbly side is back. I smiled, "Text Soobin that you will come with me. They didn't know the reason why you went out earlier. And let's hurry, we'll be late!"

He saluted at me before he took his phone out of his pocket. We began walking. I turned to him and saw that he was busy typing on his phone before I gazed back at the street we're going through. We walked for about three minutes before reaching the bus stop. I looked around and saw a school nearby. You can see 'Yerae Elementary School' at the school gate. You can count the people around the area right now, you can see adults and a few children with their parents. I didn't see any students since it's still vacation time.

It was only a matter of time before our bus arrived. "Did you bring your card?" I questioned Beomgyu and he spontaneously showed me his card. I nodded at him. I asked him because I thought he did not bring it fortunately he did. We took the bus then waited for my turn to scan the transit card called M-pass, which allows us to travel from different places and it can also be used to ride a subway in Seoul, which we bought yesterday. I walked to the farthest part of the bus and sat down. Beomgyu followed me and sat down next to me.

"What bus stop should we get off?" He asked as he sat down.

I looked at my phone to make sure we could get off at the right bus stop. I searched the way yesterday on an app because I'm not familiar with Jeju. "Haye Hadong." I read what was on the map saying where we should go down.

We've been through two stops. Soon the bus stopped again at the third stop where we'll get off. Beomgyu got up first and I followed him down the bus. "Do you know where we are going?" He asked.

I didn't respond. The truth is I don't really know. I saw a man in the distance and quickly run towards him. I asked where Narnia Restaurant & Cafe was where the meeting will take place. Luckily, he knows where the place is! We followed the direction we got from him and walked quickly.

"Wow." Beomgyu and I were both amazed at the structure we are now seeing. There was a big word 'NARNIA' which caused me to look at the long stairs that would take us up. I was startled when my phone vibrated. I saw a text from Judy Lee.

From: Judy Lee

I'm with a friend. Just say my name to the staff once you enter, they'll lead you to where we are.

To: Judy Lee

I'm with a friend as well. We're already here.

We slowly climbed the stairs while still admiring the beauty of what we are seeing. When we got to the top, what opened up to us was the magnificent view from where we were standing.

"Reservations, sir?"

"Judy Lee." I answered. The woman immediately smiled and gave instructions to another woman next to her. The woman nodded, "She'll lead the way."

Beomgyu and I just kept quiet as we followed her. The woman was in front while Beomgyu was next to me with his eyes roaming all over the place. There are only a few people you will see in the restaurant. It's too early so that's why the place isn't that full yet.

The woman stopped walking so we both stopped. We saw two women sitting, they are both opposites in our direction so we couldn't see their faces. I saw the woman tap one of them and point us. They immediately stood up and faced us.

She's Judy Lee? She's one of those who'll move to the vacant house in our village? What a chance to find her here!

"You again?!" Beomgyu and Judy Lee's friend caught my attention when they uttered at the same time. They both are pointing their fingers at each other, they also look mad as if they were enemies and disgusted with each other's presence.

What's wrong with the two of them?