019: begonia

Jungwon couldn't sleep that night.
The guilt still sat in depths of his guts and he wanted to know what the girl was hiding.

He didn't know what went through his mind when he grabbed his phone and dialled her number in the middle of the night.

But he couldn't stop himself anyway.

"Yeah?"
The boy's eyes brightened up upon hearing the girl's voice.

But they soon turned into worry, when he heard her hoarse, almost rough voice.

"Eunji..Are you alright?" Jungwon was constantly worried about her.

"Y-yeah.." The girl chuckled on the other side of the phone, her voice still croaky. She cleared her throat a bit, but it soon turned into coughs, as Jungwon's eyes widened.

"Eunji..what's wrong?"

"I'm sorry, I caught a cold." She almost mumbled, as she looked around, "What's up? Why did you call?"

"What's wrong? It sounds serious." Jungwon repeated, his naturally winged eyes being wide open.

"Don't worry it's not." Eunji chuckled again, sounding a bit better this time, "Why did you call?" She repeated.

Jungwon needed a second before he remembered why he called her in the first place.

"I just wanted to hear your voice."

"Stop that's so cheesy." Eunji let out a small laugh, making Jungwon laugh too.

"I'm serious." The boy protested, almost sulking as he heard the girl's delightful giggles once again.

"Alright, alright."

"I wanted to talk to you." He sounded more serious this time, as he sat up from his bed.

It was 22:01 and he was surprised that the girl picked up his call.

"Alright..about what?"

"About Sangmi."
There was a small pause, before Eunji answered.

"Oh, really? What about her?"

"I really want to stop liking her." Jungwon said almost desperately, as he looked outside his window, the moon smiling at him as new courage started to fill up his mind.

"That's good. She has a boyfriend now, It's the best to move on." Was the only thing Eunji answered, as she tried her hardest not to lose herself.

Right now she was sitting alone in the dark with only the petals laying in front of her as she had to pull herself together not to cry.

The call helped the two of them greatly.

The two, mostly Jungwon, as Eunji still needed a bit time to calm herself down, talked endlessly about the most random things.

Eventually, she was able to get back her voice and answer him clearly, tears already gone long ago.

"Eunji." Jungwon's voice turned more serious out of a sudden, "Thank you for giving me a second chance and I hope..you will trust me enough soon and tell me what's wrong."