Tip #24: Scheduling Updates

Author: NykkyBee

Requester: ErynneStorm

Category: Wattpad Tricks

If you are like me and write several stories at a time, you might find it hard to balance a posting schedule that works for you and your readers

If you are like me and write several stories at a time, you might find it hard to balance a posting schedule that works for you and your readers. Here are a few ideas that I either have used or currently do use.

1. Stagger Them Throughout the Week

How you use this one depends how many books you are updating. If you have two books, you could do something like post on Monday and Friday. The first update is at the beginning of the week, and the second is at the end of the week. If you have three books, you could do Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Then the three posts are even intervals throughout the week.

2. Back to Back Updates

Another useful tactic is to update one story one day, then another the next day, so on and so forth. This can make sure your readers have something to read each day, and once you get in the rhythm of doing posting, it gets easier to remember.

3. Same Day Posting

My personal favorite schedule to use is this one I use at the moment. I post all my updates on a single day. I also do them at the same time on that day. This ensures that you post an update once a week and that you get a post for each story. It doesn't matter which day you chose, but use the same day each week. This again helps keep a rhythm when posting and helps you remember to do so.

Some Extra Tips:

~ Set an alarm(s) on your phone, computer, tablet, etc. Wherever you will see the reminder(s).

~ Once you choose a schedule, stick to it. I am not saying don't try one or more of the ones above; I am simply stating that after you find one that works for you, stick to it. It is easier to keep posting on a schedule when you always do the same one.

~ Don't post extra updates just because you get ahead of your story. If you are up to posting Chapter 10 but have just finished Chapter 11 before update day, just let it sit. It is okay to be ahead of schedule.

Anyway, that is all. I hope this helps you, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. I would be more than happy to give any additional advice. 

Want to submit your own Tip? Comment in this book and email your entry to avadelauthors@gmail

Comment in this book and email your entry to avadelauthors@gmail.com. We'll review it, and if we think it's well-written and helpful to the Wattpad community, we'll post it! Your entry may be something you have written previously, even if it is published elsewhere. (=

Have a Request?
Comment on the first chapter with the topic you'd like to see. Your suggestion might just turn into an article!

 Your suggestion might just turn into an article!