chapter 15: the party

the party

the party

after a few moments i heard footsteps approach me.

"hey" the soft voice spoke which i recognised as rafes.

"hey" i responded not looking at him, getting embarrassed by how i looked right now with my hair all messy and eyes probably bloodshot red from all the crying.

"care to tell me why you randomly left" he said with a little laugh still not seeing my face.

"idk i just wanted some air i guess" i mumbled as i couldn't think of a different excuse.

"i'm throwing a party tonight, parents are out of town and all, you should come, get the word out" i knew he probably got shit that he needed to sell and wanted me to let people know so i kinda had to show up now. not that i would ever really do that shit, i've done it a few times when i just wanna have fun but i'm not addicted or anything.

"oh yea sure i'll be there" i muttered again.

"hey, you okay?" he asked softly, he turned my face by the chin so we were looking into each others eyes.

"what happened, hey come here" he said as he brought me into his arms.

i really hated crying in front of people, the last time rafe saw me crying was probably when maddie, my ex, dumped me a few years ago, which was when i got close with him, but this time i couldn't help it and the tears just started escaping my eyes onto his hoodie as he held me tightly.

"wanna tell me what happened" he finally asks as he pulls apart, i nod a quick 'no' which he looked sad about, but understood and brought me close to him again.

once i was finally out of tears i let out my last sniffle and quickly wiped my eyes with the sleeve of my hoodie.

"you know what, a party could be a good distraction" i said with a little laugh trying to get him to not ask me about anything that happened.

he looked at me with soft eyes and nodded with a smile.

✰ ✰ ✰

i headed back to rafes house and raided sarah's closet to find something i could wear that would cover me up and hide my bruises. i had kinda become scared of wearing anything revealing since my dad always raised me saying that it would be my fault if anything ever happened and it was because of what i wore. i knew that wasn't true and that men were just disgusting perves most of the time. but it's fucking terrifying to even be close to men anymore. which is why i've been trying to get drunk or high every chance i can so i can just forget about my life for a few hours and go back to hooking up with whoever i want and just partying.

 which is why i've been trying to get drunk or high every chance i can so i can just forget about my life for a few hours and go back to hooking up with whoever i want and just partying