34

Five years ago

Five years ago.

The wails of a young infant travel through the DeLuca home successfully waking up the head of the household, Alexander.

"Is she awake." Miriam yawned tiresomely, having been up already hours prior to tend to the eight-month year old baby girl Charlie.

"Rest your eyes sweetheart, I'll get her." Alexander murmured placing a kiss too his wife's temple before moving to get up.

The man groaned slightly as he removed the thick blankets off of his heated body, the crisp morning air harshly colliding against his toned abdomen.

He found himself in Charlie's nursery in mere seconds as it sat right next to his and his wives' room.

There the baby laid in her cot, tears streaming down her young face and loud cries coming from her mouth.

"Merry Christmas to you too Baby girl, I see you've decided that papa doesn't need his sleep this morning." Alexander murmured walking over to the upset baby, getting nothing but a sniffle and hiccup in return.

Charlie looked up to Alexander with her big brown doe eyes, coming to the realisation she was no longer alone and in the presence of her known father whom she desperately craved snuggles with.

Reaching down Alexander carefully placed one of his large hands under Charlie's head, using the other to support her little body as he cradled her against his bare chest.

Snuggles achieved, goal complete.

"This isn't a nice way to start Christmas, those tears are too precious to waste my love." The man brought the baby into his arms rocking her gently.

Charlie's sniffles quietened down turning into mere breaths as she brought her chubby fingers up to grab the back of his hair in comfort pulling it a little making Alexander chuckle.

"What are you doing with papa's hair? He needs that otherwise your mama will flee." Alexander cooed down to the little girl in distress receiving a cluster of sniffly giggles in return.

If only he had known the irony of his words.

"Don't laugh at me Charlie." Alexander demanded sternly only encouraging more giggles from the baby girl.

"I've created a little savage. I should hire you at my company, have you fire the employees who miss behave. Put them in their place. You want to come work with papa?" Alexander cooed in a baby voice, reserved especially for Charlie as he rocked her in his arms.

"Ya!" The baby's words came out babbled and mushed up as her arms flailed up in the air with excitement. She didn't understand what was being said to her but none the less it still made her excited.

Charlie loved when her father interacted with her, especially as he regularly found himself busy with work.

Alexander was about to humour the baby with a reply before a foul smell suddenly became known to his senses.