1.7

________________
sᴇᴠᴇɴ
________________

The male closed the file before let out a heavy sigh and dropped his head on the table

"is this about your ex-girlfriend again, huang?" a voice interrupted him making the male looked up, staring at Mark.

Renjun chuckled a little before nodding his head slightly, answering to the elder question.

"you haven't move on yet? Wow" Mark chuckled before shaking his head and place another file on Renjun's table.

Renjun raised his eyebrows, grabbing the file and opening it, sighing again.

"Taeyong hyung calls for a meeting"

Mark said before left the male alone who's still scanning the file, reading it page by page. It's about the Ateez case.

He doesn't get it. It's been 4 years already, why didn't Taeyong hyung close this case yet? Besides, Ateez never hurt or touch innocent people.

Oh- they still killed people so they're criminal and criminal need to be catch so they won't cause any troubles.

But what about other mafia gang who killed innocent people?

From what Renjun knew Ateez is the first mafia gang Taeyong decided to catch. Why not other mafia gang?

"Jun? you aren't going?" Jaemin voice interrupted Renjun who's zoning out while staring at the file.

Renjun nodded his head, grabbing the file before walking to the meeting room with Jaemin.

The Dream team is the most active team and the best team. They really professional in solving their cases and they all also received a lot of achievements.

Their boss, Lee Taeyong always trusts them ever since they become a trainer. He sees that they have potential and will do a great job.

Renjun stepped inside the meeting room, seeing his other teammates but not their boss. Maybe he's not here yet.

Renjun plopped into the chair next to haechan before fixing his tie and ran his fingers through his cotton candy pink hair. "when will you change your hair color?" haechan shook his head making others chuckled.

"you got any problem with that?" renjun raised his eyebrows.

"you look cute and that's not fit your personality plus we're freaking police, you're the first police I see with pink hair" haechan said grinning a little.

"wait did haechan just call renjun cute?" jeno interrupted while laughing.

Renjun rolled his eyes before sighing opening the file, frowning right after. "do you think this meeting is about what you told yesterday?"

Haechan asked and renjun nodded "obviously" renjun answered before handed the file to haechan.

Just haechan about to open his mouth, the door swung opened making they all stood in unison.

"boss"

They said before bowing their head a little. Taeyong nodded and signaled them to sit as he sat on his seat.

"I bet most of you know what this meeting about," Taeyong uttered.

Jisung raised his hand slowly "boss, I don't know" chenle who's next to him nodded his head too.

Taeyong chuckled before opening the file in front of him. "Ateez," he began. "we will send one of you guys to do undercover" he blurted.

Chenle and Jisung's eyes went wide. They knew what undercover is which is the most dangerous job ever moreover in this case.

"undercover?" the both said in unison, surprise lacing their voices.

Taeyong nodded his head "as you guys know, we still haven't settle this case for 4 years already, we need to catch them and I expect you guys could do that"

Taeyong turned to Haechan making the male gulped nervously.

"you guys are aces right?"

They all straighten their back before nodding their head. "yes boss" jaemin answered. Taeyong chuckled before exhaled.

"so who want to offer to do this undercover?" he asked the boys.

They all avoided their boss's gaze, looking down a little hoping that they won't get chosen by the boss.

"what is this all? You guys scared?" taeyong scoffed "c'mon, no one wants to?" taeyong looked at them in disbelief.

If you want to do this so much, then you do it  haechan's thought.

Taeyong sighed, rubbing his temple "Mr. Lee?" taeyong called. The Lees shoot up their head looking at the boss.

"yeah?" the three lees said in unison. Taeyong shook his head "I mean Mr. Lee Haechan"

Haechan could see Jeno sighed in relief and Mark who just looked at him in guilty. "you're the ace, you can do this right?"

Taeyong asked, raising his eyebrows, crossing his arms.

Haechan sighed, looking down to the ground. "I don't know sir..." taeyong chuckled "c'mon haechan, you love crazy job"

Haechan nodded his head before staring back at his boss "but boss, this is way too crazy, they are a mafia gang, what if they found out about me? they will kill me!"

Taeyong laughed at his imagination. "Mr. Lee, I have a big trust in you, you sure can do this, because why? Because you're Lee Haechan, you can do everything" taeyong said, smirking after then.

Taeyong got up from his seat, stepping to the younger before patting his shoulder.

"think about it, I give you 2 weeks since I know you have a lot more cases to solve" he said before walking away but his tracks stopped.

"I will raise your payment and who knows you could get the Superintendent position, you work hard to get that position for years," taeyong challenged the male, grinning before walked out from the meeting room.

Superintendent position?

"don't force yourself haechan-ah, I could do this if you can't" Mark said, worrying over the younger.

Haechan shook his head, chuckling "it's okay hyung, I will think about this first" they all nodded their head before one by one of them walking out from the meeting room.

"hey haechan" Renjun called making the male looked back to the smaller boy. "wanna hang out at my place? The others will join too"

Haechan nodded his head, grinning a little before walking back to his table.