Chapter nine - 13 beans

~ Live POV 

We walked around the school towards the dungeons laughing at the terrified first years and certain students who still remembered the events of the sorting. Alexa knew the entire layout of the school on the back of her hand. She new short cuts and secrets passage ways that got us to the dungeons in less than 2 minutes. She was a not only a friendly person but she was street smart. Alexa would be a perfect addition to my team she knew the school, she was a pureblood with family connection and she hated mudbloods as much as I did. 

"Here we are Slughorns class try to enjoy it" she giggled as she unlinked our arms and began walking to her class. "How am I supposed to enjoy it when you not in my class."

 "Your sweet, see you after class, roomy"

 "see ya" with that she spun round and began to skip up the stairs vanishing behind a corner. I turned towards the door towards my first class. I took a deep breath and plastered a sweet and innocent smile on my face. 

I was ready. I just didn't know whether this school was.

 I walked into the classroom and took a seat at the back of the class. It was filled with happy chatter and smiles. It was tacky. Half of the class were mudblood I could smell it on them. Only me and five others were purebloods. 

Four of them were boys, all huddled in a corner, all Slytherins and all were sniggering at something that was said. There were no differences between any of them they were like robots. The other pureblood was mixed in with a group of girls in the corner a mixture of yellow and green robes all with a full face of makeup and looking at the Slytherin boys. 

I thought this class would be boring until I decided to have a look into one of the girls minds. 'This is the year I can feel it he's going to notice me I'm going to be the envy of all girls, Mrs Riddle'. I snorted and sniggered 'Mrs. Riddle' I couldn't help but laugh at this pathetic little girl who was crushing on Tom.

 Then it hit me TOM. He's in this class. Oh god no, I have enough on my plate to worry about but now I have to deal with Tom Riddle. I looked all over the classroom but I couldn't find him. Until I took a closer look at the group of boys and there he was the dark haired boy who had gotten under my skin so many times in the last 24 hours. It seemed like he hasn't noticed me yet and I wanted to keep it that way. 

"Someone sitting here?" A voice came from behind me I turned to face a short light brunette haired girl with dashing blue eyes she was wearing her Hufflepuff robes. "No I don't believe so" 

"hey I'm Pamella, Pamella Hyde but everyone called me Pam" she held out her hand for me to shake it. I took her hand and shook it and I shot her my signature fake smile. I could smell impurity, she was a mudblood. "Live Robinson"

 "the pleasures mine" she took the seat next to mine and pulled out her school books and placed her cauldron on the desk. "So you new here?" she said leaning towards me but before I could even make a sound the door at the back of the room burst open and a short plumb man entered the room. 

"Hello students and welcome to your first year of advanced potion making, please take your seats lady's and gentlemen, as you can see hufflepuff and Slytherin are combined for this year so let's make new friends and do our very best." Everyone scurried around the room finding seats next to each other and gossiping about what could be in store.

 "Today we will be working on the draught of the living deeee- aaa-th" He turned around to face the class but his eyes locked on me. He gulped "Miss Robinson how lovely it is to have you in our class this morning, class this is Miss Robinson I hope you treat her well and with respect" he said quickly before whipping his head back to the black board to write the ingredients. The only sound was the fast scraping of the calk and the small whispers from a pair of Slytherin girls. Slughorn finished writing the ingredients down on the board and turned to the class again it looked like he was paranoid about something.