Barbatos- Tea?

Requested by liquid_beepers223

You and Barbatos got along well enough, but you didn't have much time to be together, since you both always had so much to do. Your favorite time to be with him, though, is when you could sit down for a bit with him and have some tea, and maybe a light conversation.

Today, Diavolo had actually given him a day off, and let Barbatos do as he pleased. The butler said he probably shouldn't be taking a day off, but eventually had to agree so as not to disobey Diavolo's orders.

Barbatos smiled though, as he wandered off to find you. This meant you both could spend a whole day together, as long as no one else had already taken up all of your time for today. He hoped not.

He gently knocked on the door to the House Of Lamentation, and smiles at you when you open the door. "Barbatos? What's up?" You ask. "Diavolo has let me off of my duties for today, and I was wondering if we could spend the day together." He says.

"Of course! I'd be happy to spend time with you!" You say happily. "Why don't we have a chat at the Cat Cafe?" He asks. "Oh, I love kitties!" You giggle. Barbatos always loved your enthusiastic personality, he thought it was cute.

He takes you to the Cat Cafe, and you both order green tea. The little cats always added a nice touch to places like these. As one jumped into your lap, one of the cats started to roll around on the ground next to Barbatos.

"That's interesting. Some of the cats in the Human Realm do that too." You say. "Cats are very interesting creatures. You find them everywhere." He says, picking up the cat. He looked so gentle when he did that.

"Again, thank you for taking me here." You say. He nods with a slight blush on his face, averting your eyes. It was a rare sight. Normally, Barbatos is so stoic that nothing could make him blush. Most of the time, he wouldn't even make a big smile.

You notice the waitress coming over with the tea. She sets the cups down, along with a pitcher of the same tea, and walks off happily after you and Barbatos thank her. The cat that's on your lap has fallen asleep and is purring peacefully.

It would have been a calm morning if the next thing that happened hadn't done so. Someone came running up to you, exclaiming, "OI! What are you doing with Barbatos?! You should be with me!" As soon as they began to speak, you knew they were Mammon.

"Trying to calmly enjoy the only quiet time I ever get with him, please leave me alone." Mammon grumbles, but walks away. You massage your temples. 'Can't I just have one day of peace?' You think to yourself.

Barbatos seems to notice something is wrong right away. "Are you alright, (Y/N)?" Barbatos asks with caution. "Yes, I'm alright. It's just that the brothers get on my nerves a lot, particularly Mammon."

He gives you a sympathetic look. Barbatos didn't have to take care of several brothers, but he had Diavolo, who was very fun, as many people would call him. It would exhaust him to deal with that energy, but he never told anyone, and he knew your case was much worse.

You both finish up your tea, and go on a walk. At some point, you both encounter some roses, and you don't notice it, but Barbatos carefully picks one. You continue walking until you both find a nice hill to sit on.

As soon as you sit down, there's a beautiful view. You had never seen anything prettier before. You feel a sense of freedom as you stare at the landscape below. You stretch and lay down, admiring the dark sky.

"Barbatos, do you like the darkness of the Devildom? Or do you find it bothersome?" You ask, genuinely curious. He lays down on the ground, next to you. "I like how dark it is, but at the same time, I wonder if everything would be better in a new light." He says.

"What do you mean by that?" You asked him quietly. "I like that it's dark right now, but I'm wondering if it would be even better if some things changed." He says, seeming to have been deep in thought.

To the normal person, his first quote would be confusing. But you were different. You did, in fact, understand, you just wanted to hear it again. You wanted to be assured he thought things could be better.

"Barbatos, I have something to say." He tell him, feeling bold.

"Yes?" He asks.

"I love you." You could hear something that sounded like a choking noise beside you.

You look over at Barbatos. He sits up, and you could see his blush, even in the darkness. He extends his hand out to you, and you see that he's holding a rose towards your direction. "I love you too, (Y/N)." He says.

And that moment was better than any others you had ever had with him.