Found You

One knock was enough to stir him awake. His eyes snap open, head tilting towards the door. His brows furrow as he sits up slowly, gaze going down the hut door. Goosebumps raise over his skin when he sees no shadow over the other side of the door.

He was quite as he stands up, moments hesitant as he reach over the side of the sofa to pick up the knife he made himself. It flex between his palm tightly as he takes a step towards the door.

"Jungkook."

The whisper of his name makes him flinch as a heavy hand comes resting over his shoulder from behind. He snaps his head back, knife ready to attack when Mr. Min's aged features clear his eyes.

Jungkook lets go of the breath he now realized he has been holding as his sight fall over the gun bearing the elder's hand. He looks up at the man who purse his lips and stare hard at the closed door. "I guess they finally sensed us. It's never a good news if it's in the middle of the night."

Jungkook nods, turning towards the door. It's weird how they are actually knocking. If they wanted, they could barge in without any care or lit the whole hut on fire in seconds. It's almost like they are warning them. Or maybe it's someone else, or something else.

He turns to Mr. Min when he takes a few steps towards the door. "I will go outside to check." Jungkook immediately frowns upon listening to the elder's words, his head shaking as he lays a palm over his elbow.

"I can not let you go, Mr. Min. Let me-"

"Son." He is stopped as the elder whispers. "My top priority is my daughter and I need you to stay here so that both of you can be protected. I know the forest. I have lived here long enough to know where to hide if they caught up to me. I will call out if I need help. But for now, stay here."

Jungkook can only sigh in defeat as the man pats his back before turning towards the door again. "Go." Mr. Min mumbles for the last time before he slowly cracks the door open.

--

Crouched to the ground, Jungkook creeps over the side of the mattress. The room was dark and a soft figure was lying asleep on the bed. He stops, facing the headboard and slowly stretch his abdomen up the mattress and reach his hand out towards the figure.

His large palm covers more than half the lower part of her face, jerking her out of her restless slumber. Her eyes snap open and a gasp leaves her lips at the man hovering over her.

His other hand immediately come up to his lips to shush her, staring right into her quivering eyes. The female lying on the bed follow his moments as he points silently towards the window.

"Your father send me." He informs in a gentle voice.

The female still stares at him with wide fearful eyes as he moves his palm away from her mouth. The man hides a frown. He has been staying with them for a while now, but the fear in her eyes has yet to leave whenever she looks at him.

"W-What is happening?" Her voice was as soft as ever as she whispers, his ears almost missing the waver in her voice.

He sighs, keeping his body flat on the bed so that no one from outside could see him. "They found us." Is the only thing he mumbles and it was enough for her to understand.

She grip the sides of her blanket and cover her face till her nose, body distancing itself from his side that ooze nothing but warmth. She bites her lips, gaze flicking towards him who raise his head slightly to stare out the half open window.

His nose scrunch up in confusion. "It's so weird. I see no one outside." He mumbles to himself, the moon light reflecting all of him.

She stares at him, eyes trailing over his large body that takes up more than half the small bed. Veins decorate his arms till his hands, shoulders broad and buff. His sharply defined jaw clinch as he stares out the window. She cowers in fear, intimated by everything he is.

She gulps, closing her eyes shut to calm her beating heart down that has still not recovered after finding him on top of her. "W-Where is baba...?"

His black mop of hair fluff around his head as he turns it her way, eyes softening at her small figure. If he was allowed, he would cuddle all her worries away. "He went outside to check."

Her eyes widens and she instantly lean up on her elbows, expressions horrified. "He is outside?"

"I told him to let me go instead, but he did not listen." The man lets out a deep breath. "Do not worry. He took his gun."

Unsure, the female glance at the window, her heart beating uncontrollably in her ribcage. Her fist clinch against her chest, praying and hoping her father to come back safe.

The young man glance at her, visibly reading the worry in her eyes. He purse his lips, hands twitching as he knew he will step in some boundaries. But he could not help it. His hand raise on their own accord and soon, lays flat on the top of her head.

The little female gap at him, irises shaking as he gently lay her head back on the bed. "Rest." He orders with a quite and soft voice. "He will be back soon."

As their eyes link, the world dims around them. Her ears buzz as his gaze trail over her features. Y/n.. He wants to say her name. Bring down the walls of fear she has build around herself, he wants to grab her hand and tell her to stay whenever he comes back from the hunt. He want to just simply be able to talk to her.

But she will never allow him.

It only takes a few minute before the silence in the room is broken by trilling sound of a gunshot. The female flinch in her place and the man jerks up from his place. He runs towards the window, eyes bulging in horror as a trail of all shorts of curses left his lips.

And before the female knew it, he is running right outside of her door, his own weapons now clinched to his side.

------------------

B

ad times have started for our characters ya'll. Good thing they are not going down without a fight. So much is coming and youll get to meet more new characters in the book. So stay turned for that.

Leave lots of love in your way.

💜