Wattpad Original

Original Edition: 30. The Morning After 2

CHAPTER 30

Cold.

Chills wake me up. Growling, I open my eyes. The light hits my sight hard, forcing me to squint. Why is it so cold? I don't remember turning on the AC. The first thing I see is a shelf full of trophies and sports awards.

That confuses me. I don't have that in my room. As the landscape in front of me clears, I realize that this is not my room.

What?

I sit up suddenly and my head throbs in protest, "Ouch!"

I hold my forehead and my stomach churns. Where the hell am I? As if karma wants to answer me something or rather someone moves a little by my side.

Terrified, I turn my face to look and a mute squeal leaves my lips as I roll back on the bed and fall to the floor with a thump.

Ouch again.

Shit shit.

I peek my face just above the bed to confirm it.

Ares Hidalgo, in all his glory, lying face up with his forearm on his face. The sheets are covering from his waist down, his chest and abdomen exposed since he is shirtless.

Instinctively, I check myself and notice that I am wearing his shirt.

I hold my face dramatically, "Super-mega shit."

What the hell happened? I was so determined this time not to fall for him. What happened to me?

Let's see, think, Raquel. Remember, think.

Everything is scattered in my brain like a puzzle, with blurred parts and missing parts. The last thing I remember is being at the table with Dani, Apollo, Carlos and Yoshi. Then Yoshi and I went upstairs, were we going to the bathroom?

And then Ares... On the balcony...

And then nothing, empty, darkness.

How frustrating!

Surprisingly, falling into his arms again is not what bothers me the most, but this unpleasant feeling of not remembering anything when apparently everything happened.

Did we have sex? Why did he do it if I was obviously drunk? Did he use protection?

I feel bad, used but in a way even more degrading and painful than the other times. The other times at least I was conscious, and I chose to do it but this time ...

I need to get out of here.

I get up and get dizzy, so I take a deep breath. Ares remains the same, with his forearm over his eyes, his lips slightly parted.

My shoes...

My clothes...

They have to be somewhere.

What time is it?

Dani must be so worried! It was a good decision to tell mom that I would be staying at Dani's house yesterday. The asleep part of my brain searches for my cell phone and then my brain wakes up and slaps me.

It was stolen weeks ago, Rachel, get a grip!

I walk around without finding any of my clothes, but where are my clothes? If we got naked here, it should be somewhere? Or is it that I got naked somewhere else and then I came here? Oh my God.

I see a door to my right of what looks like a bathroom and step inside. My clothes are on the floor next to the tub. Relief runs through my body, I no longer have to go outside wearing just a boy's shirt. I close the door and pick up my shirt, a smell of vomit hitting my nose makes me wince.