Chapter sixty one - Tony and gypsy

A/N: I've had a rubbish week and reading all of your comments always cheers me up, so have an early chapter :) I hope everyone has an awesome day <3

...

You and Thor hastened to Bruce's side.

"Banner. Hey, hey, hey. You all right Banner? Sun's going down, sun's going down. That's it, breathe. I won't hurt you. Sun's going down." Thor soothed him, rubbing his arm vigorously.

"Thor? Y/N?" Bruce asked in confusion. He was wearing only what had previously been Hulk's skirt and massive necklaces.

"Yeah." you smiled, reaching out to touch his arm. He looked awful: groggy and disorientated.

"What happened to your hair?" he asked Thor. It wasn't the first question you might have thought to ask if you had been in his situation, but you'd let him off given the circumstances.

"Some creepy old man cut it off."

"It looks good."

"Thanks."

You let out a laugh of disbelief and Bruce turned to look at you, frowning in confusion.

"Where are we? How's Nat?"

"Nat is good, I'm sure." Thor reassured him.

"And what about Sokovia?"

Your heart ached with sympathy for him; he really didn't remember anything.

"Sokovia?" Thor frowned, a second behind you.

"The city, Sokovia. Did we save it?"

"Banner, listen..." Thor started.

"What?" Bruce said, almost desperately.

"Sokovia, Ultron... that was two years ago."

"What are you saying? I've been Hulk for two years?"

"I'm afraid so."

Bruce's eyes widened as he tried to process this information. You felt awful for him, knowing only a fraction of what he felt, but a fraction nonetheless. For you Sokovia had only been four months ago.

"What the hell happened?!" he asked, getting to his feet and rushing over to the flight console. You and Thor shared a look before following him.

"Banner, there's something you should know..."

"Voice activation required." a voice emitted from the console.

"Banner." Bruce said.

"Welcome, Strongest Avenger." the voice said.

"What?" Thor frowned in annoyance.

"Ship's log..." Banner said, and the ship's log appeared on the screen. You watched as a video of Hulk thrashing around in zero gravity in deep space played. He looked stressed and practically car sick, much like Banner did as he watched the footage.

"Guys. Where are we?" Bruce asked, his voice suddenly sounding very small.

"Yeah, about that." Thor said. Then...

"It's bad news, bad news today."

You looked around in shock as the Grandmaster's voice echoed through the air. Bruce rushed to the windshield and you followed, looking up to see a massive hologram projection of the Grandmaster hovering above the city.

"Sakaar, hear ye. Attention please. I have some bad news. My beloved, exalted Champion has turned up missing. Take to the streets. Celebrate my champion." his voice rolled across the city. Perhaps that was why he'd called upon Loki. To find Bruce. You hoped he'd make the connection between his missing brother and the lack of Bruce's presence.