you've just poisoned the king at your wedding dinner

thank u for the followers. 160 of you here from YouTube comments is just honestly mind boggling. I only hope you know how much it means to me that you're here, & i hope u truly enjoy the content. thank u for the support, will never not be grateful ❤

this is a dark royalty core playlist, which is just my favourite. i listened to the first song mostly, which is so beautiful. lots of love always x

------------

You swirl the drink. Once. Twice. That should be enough.

You hold it in your hands, your grip so tight your fingers feel numb. The glass so cold that your body shivers. You look in the mirror, at your terrified, broken face and breathe. One, two, three. And then you smile. Confident and beautiful, as a Queen should.

Carefully you walk, gently so the drink will not spill. Adjusting your crown, fixing your dress. And then you enter the bustling dining hall again. Full of light, music, life. Full of your newly-wed's soul. The King of the castle. He gestures towards you, so happy, so joyous, a huge smile overtaking his lips as he stares at you.

Oh how you wish it didn't have to be this way. How you wish you could be happy here with him now.

He reaches for your hand, taking the glass from your other. He gently rests it down on the table, taking you for a dance. Your last dance.

"Don't." He says as a tear falls from your eye. But you can't help it, you don't want to do it.

He holds you with love. With kindness. With warmness. Passion.

He twirls you around, and you have a flash to you twirling the poison inside his drink. You almost gag, tears more heavily rolling down your cheeks. But he just smiles gently, lovingly, carefully reaching for your face and wiping your tears away.

He gestures to the orchestra and they start playing a new song. Your song. The song that played when you first met. In a ball just like this. He said he fell in love with you after your first conversation, after hearing your first laugh. After seeing you smile. You were the one, he had always said, he knew after that first dance.

And now this one will be your last. The song ends and he reaches for his glass, passing you your own. His dark eyes stare at you, a promise. Forever, they say. And as you click your glasses together, you mouth the same word. Both of you taking a sip.

He coughs, and splutters, his eyes tearing up. But he holds your hand, saying his last words, looking the most in love he ever has with you.

"It was the only way."

The guards shout, the maids scream. The servants scurry around, searching for a sword, a dagger, a wound. But there's nothing. No proof. It looks as if he's had a heart attack.

The King was diseased. A secret he had only told you and that his personal doctor had known. He had been injured after a battle, but no one knew the true extent of that injury. He had been brain damaged. A shard of a weapon still stuck in his brain. He had months if not weeks to live, but in those months he'd turn into a shell of his former self.

So he asked you. His true love. His wife. The woman he knew would die for him.

He asked you to kill him. 

Because how could a kingdom cope under a mad King. How would the people react to a man who couldn't rule. How could he live knowing that this was how he would be remembered. To his people, his family. To you. A ghost of the man he once was.

And so as he lies on your dress, you stroke his hair. Allowing him to rest. You kiss his forehead one last time, allowing yourself to say goodbye. You say you love him, and even though he can't speak his eyes say it back.

Because this was the only way. You say it until you believe it.

And so you live. And you rule. And your kingdom flourishes. You remarry. You grow old. You fulfil your duty as Queen. You have all the power in the world. You could have anything. Except the one you crave the most.

You live, and you rule. Hoping one day you will see him again. 

remember to vote and comment if you can! <3

love always ❤