Chapter 92

Sirius obviously wasn't expecting Jenna to forgive him so quickly, after he had left her all those years ago, even though at the time he had no idea that Jenna was pregnant. But he felt guilty about it nevertheless.

He was certain that even if Jenna forgave him, he could never forgive himself for ruining their only chance of happiness. If he hadn't gone recklessly after Pettigrew for revenge and had put some thought into it, then he would have never been sent to Azkaban. Maybe even Pettigrew could've been captured at some point.

     The thought pained Sirius that him and Jenna could've been married by now. And maybe they would've been a proper family, raising their child together along with Harry by their side.

But trying to forget his guilt for a minute and losing himself in the moment, Sirius kept on kissing Jenna passionately, never wishing to let her leave his embrace, now that he finally had her back in his arms.

Although Jenna pulled back to catch her breath, blinking a few times as a goofy smile brewed at the edge of her lips.

"Right," Sirius started, clearing his throat as he removed his arms from around her. "So... Do you — do you want to come back to Grimmauld Place with me? I mean if you don't want to, I'll completely underst —"

"Of course I want to," Jenna cut him off, going on tiptoes to peck him softly on the lips.

So with that, Sirius raised his hand for her to take, and Jenna did so gladly, Disapparting away together the next moment.

  Once they got back to Grimmauld Place, they found the house in complete silence. Jenna assumed that Remus had gone back to his own home for the night.

"You know, I just remembered to ask," Jenna started as they walked quietly through the dim corridor, "what happened to the Hippogriff? Where is he?"

"Oh, Buckbeak? I flew with him to Remus's house from Hogwarts," Sirius explained. "He'a currently at the small forest near Remus's cottage."

"Will Buckbeak be safe there?" Jenna wondered. "I mean, there's a Muggle village not too far away from it. Magical creatures aren't really supposed to live in forests such as that one."

"Yeah, that's what Remus said too." Sirius nodded. "I actually told him to bring the Hippogriff to Grimmauld Place tomorrow. He can do it with a simple Disillusionment Charm, I suppose."

"Where would we be sleeping, anyway?" Jenna mused as Sirius led her upstairs with her hand still in his. "Your childhood bedroom?"

"Yeah," he said with a grin. "Now that the Weasleys are coming here to stay, all the guest rooms will probably be full, and I'll be keeping Buckbeak in my parents' bedroom."

Jenna chuckled. "You know, we really owe Molly and Arthur an apology, now come to think of it. It's been a weird night for them."

  Sirius laughed, nodding. "True."

  With their hands still laced together, Sirius led Jenna up the stairs until they reached the topmost landing, where there were only two doors. They stopped in front of the one which bore a nameplate reading Sirius.

Letting out a short breath, Sirius pushed the door open hesitantly, taking his wand out to light up the room as widely as possible.

"I haven't been in here for nearly two decades," he muttered under his breath, walking inside the room along with Jenna as they both looked around them.

The room was spacious and must once have been handsome if it hadn't been for all the dust covering every inch of it. There was a large bed with a carved wooden headboard, a tall window obscured by long velvet curtains, and a chandelier with candle stubs still resting in its sockets, solid wax hanging in frostlike drips.

The pictures on the walls and the bed's headboard were thickly coated in dust. A spider's web stretched between the chandelier and the top of the large wooden wardrobe. It would've taken them ages to make this house livable.

     Sirius then raised his wand at the chandelier and gave it a wave, causing the candles to lighten up magically, and then placed his wand back in his pocket.

"I had put a Permanent Sticking Charm on those before running away," said Sirius, pointing at the many posters and pictures which were hung on the wall, covering most of the silvery-gray silk wallpapers. "There was no way my parents could get rid of them."

"Whoa... you must've gone out of your way to annoy your parents," Jenna said with a giggle, walking forward to get a better look at the posters.

"What can I say... I tried my best," Sirius said smugly, making her chuckle.

There were several large Gryffindor banners, faded scarlet and gold, just to underline his difference from all the rest of the Slytherin family. There were also many pictures of Muggle motorcycles as well. She could tell that they were Muggle photographs, because they were fixed in their frames and weren't moving.

But Jenna suddenly came to a halt and her eyes widened in surprise when she saw the posters of bikini-clad Muggle girls.

Sirius watched her with concern from a safe distance, worried about her reaction. But to his surprise, Jenna burst out into laughter the next moment.

"Could you imagine the look on your mother's face when she tried to rip these off the wall but couldn't?" she said between roars of laughter.

     "Of course I had to leave my legacies behind," Sirius joked. "I had to make sure that I made them suffer even after I'd left this place."

Sirius then grinned as he placed his hands in his pockets, moving forward to look at the moving pictures on the wall. But his grin soon faded into a sad smile when he saw an old photograph of his Hogwarts days.

"Look here," he said with his gaze glued on the picture, catching Jenna's attention.

Curiously, Jenna walked toward where he stood. Her heart leaping in excitement, Jenna saw that the picture was of four Hogwarts students, standing arm in arm, laughing at the camera.

Trying to ignore Pettigrew's presence, Jenna looked at the other three young boys. Remus looked as tired and shabby as ever, but he seemed more happy that Jenna had seen him in a very long time.

Sirius too looked so much younger and extremely handsome, grinning carelessly with a slightly arrogant look on his face. Jenna had almost forgotten how insanely hot he used to look back at school. Although she was never going to admit this out loud.

Her eyes were then fixed on the boy standing beside Sirius, his untidy black hair stuck up at the back, and his glasses worn slightly lopsided. She missed James beyond words could ever express.

Seeing the look of despair on Jenna's face, Sirius walked closer to her and wrapped his arms around her from behind, placing a gentle kiss on top of her head.

Trying to lighten up the tense atmosphere, Jenna allowed a grin on her face, saying playfully, "Damn, you've gotten old."

"Excuse me?" Sirius raised a brow at her, as if personally offended. "It's not like you look the same as you did when you were eighteen either!"

"True, but have you forgotten that I actually have the ability to make myself look however I want?" Jenna said teasingly.

"I'm sorry, but I think I'm going to need proof," Sirius said with a mocking stern face.

    Shaking her head at him, Jenna closed her eyes and focused, changing herself into the way she used to look when she was twenty.

     "Well?" she started, opening her eyes. "How do I look?"

     "Hmm..." Sirius said thoughtfully, looking back at her unsurely. "There's something missing."

     Jenna thought about it for a second, until she finally realized what could complete the look.

     So giggling, she closed her eyes once more and focused, turning her hair blue.