chapter 3

*You were given this life because you're strong enough to live it*

*Third Person Pov*

"I said, KNEEL!" Loki spat. While the crowd quietly kneels, Loki embraces out his arms with a wide smile. "Is it not this simpler? Is this not your natural state? It's the unspoken truth of humanity, that you crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life's joy in mad scramble for power, for identity. You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always, kneel."

The crowd stayed silent, scared to move an inch, or make a sound. As the words resonate to the kneeling crowd, an elder German man refuses to kneel and stands, heroic.

"Not to mention men like you." The man said with a brave posture.
"There are no men like me." Loki said with a hatred, powerful tone.
"There are always men like you."
"Look to your elder, people. Let him be an example."

As loki was about to execute the man with his scepter, the light starts to glow blue. Right as the energy beam shoots out, Leah arrives, diving in just in time to block the blast with her energy manipulation; as Steve knocks down Loki at the same time.

"You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everyone else, we ended up disagreeing." Cap says.

Loki slowly rises from the ground and Leah is on top of a staircase, having the high ground. She feels some sort of connection with the scepter, but washes it away forgetting about it.
"Loki, drop the weapon and stand down!" You demand.

From above, the Quinjet arrives. A machine gun is pointed towards Loki and Natashs speaks from inside the aircraft.
"I agree with miss Leah here." Nat says.

Like greased lightning, Loki sends a blast of blue at the Quinjet. Leah jumps and catches the ball of energy and makes it disappear, giving Cap the time to throw his shield at Loki. They both began to fight. Loki flings Cap to the ground, and then Cap throws his shield, but loki swats it away. As cap is knocked down, the scepter is pointed to Cap's head.

"Kneel."
"Not today!" Leah swoops in and knocks him out with her leg. Loki grabs her leg and flips her over. She manipulated energy under her so she got a less painful drop. Leah groans and gets herself off the ground and stands with a straight posture, a anger in her green eyes.

"This guy's all over the place." Nat says, walking to stand next to Leah. Suddenly, AC/DC's 'Shoot to Thrill', overdrives to the Quinjets speakers. Leah rolled her eyes, knowing what was on its way.

"Agent Harper, did you miss me?" Tony said. Both Cap, Loki and natasha look up to the sky. Tony flies over in his iron-man suit and blasts Loki right back to the ground.
"Make your move, Reindeer games." Loki puts his hands up in surrender as his armor materialises away.

"Good move" Leah says, walking towards Tony and standing next to him, looking down at the pale, mischievous God.
"Nice to see you too." Tony said facing Leah.
"And you, showed up at the right time."
Tony smiled, but Leah felt uncomfortable because she felt Loki's gaze on her. She walked away without another word, remembering the connection she had with the scepter, still not knowing why and how.

"Mr stark." Cap greeted.
"Captain." Tony nodded.

Word Count: 581
Kiwi ~🥝