Natasha Finds Out

~Natasha~
I hugged Y/N tight before she left with Steve and Bucky. I knew they were going to take good care of her but it was so strange already having her away from me. I stood there watching them as the car drove off and I stayed there till the sun set. Heather came up to me and it took all my will power not to slap her silly. I took a deep breathe as Heather told me I should come to the room and get some sleep.

I lay in bed with Heather in the bed next to me saying how glad she was that Y/N was gone. "Ha you know she likes you right?" Heather told me. That caught me off guard and I sat up straight and turned the lamp on, "excuse me?!" I nearly yelled at her. All she did was chuckle as she nodded and tucked herself in and pretended to sleep. I knew that Heather wasn't going to tell me more so I turned my lamp off and was awake the whole night thinking over the words 'you know she likes you'. Y/N couldn't like me in that way right? Surely that's not what Heather meant. I mean I never thought about it that way because we had been friends really good friends for so long. Y/N trusted me with everything, why couldn't she tell me this? I never thought that Y/N wasn't straight.

What seemed like a very long time of thinking the alarm goes off and Heather is immediately awake. I just lay there groaning. "Oh Tasha aren't you going to training today?" Heather calls me by the name I hate. I mumble a no and Heather storms off upset. I text Fury telling him I got no sleep and I need a day off today which he says is fine. Heather leaves for class and I just lay there staring at the roof wondering what the world has come to.

Later on I decide I should have a shower and I head to the bathroom and lock the door. I turn the shower on to warm the water up to the right temperature and I start to undress and my foot hits a tile that sounds hollow. I look down and lift the tile up so I remember to check after I've showered. Oh shower thoughts are fun I mentally roll my eyes. I get our and dry myself and put on the clean clothes I brought with me. I look down remembering the tile and lean down and pick up something from inside the hole. It's a small metal box with something that clinks inside. I go to open it but it's locked and on the lock Y/N's initials are carved into it. "She has a key on that necklace of hers doesn't she?" I ask myself. I put the box back and replace the tile and leave the bathroom and leave the room. I need to clear my head and to do that I need to practise combat and talk to my friend Clint. Usually I would go to Y/N about this even over text or a call or something but I know she needs a break from everything.

Clint and I are working each other hard. We both know each other's moves, strengths and weaknesses so it was hard to break through the other's defense. I could see that Clint was tiring and he called it before he collapsed and he went and sat on a bench. "What's wrong Nat, I've never seen you work so hard in a long time." Clint's concerned face turned to me. "It's been really hard. Heather seems to hate Y/N's guts and she told me that Y/N likes me. But I don't know if I should believe Heather because Y/N would never tell her that kind of stuff. I just I want her to come back so I can talk to her." I say in a rush getting worked up. Clint sees the tears forming in my eyes and wraps me in his arms. "Oh Nat, I'm so sorry." We stay there for ages before we realize the time and head off to our rooms to sleep.

I reach my room and Heather is sitting on her bed cross legged and humming. "Hey Tasha." Heather stops humming as she sees me. I wave half heartedly and slump into bed and fall asleep right away.

It's the day that Y/N comes back and I am so relieved. Heather came up to me in the morning and ruined my good mood by forcing me to help her study because she "doesn't know how to do it" so I had to go sit outside with her at a bench under a willow tree in the autumn and today was a chilly day. I decide to grab my sweater and see Heather smirk for some unknown reason.

I am sitting there only half listening to Heather as she prattles on while I just think about everything that has been going on since I met Y/N. "Tasha I'm cold," Heather whines. Sighing I take off my sweater and pass it to her and she slips it on. Heather looks at me then something in the distance catches her attention and in a flash her lips touch mine and before I can move she pulled back. I wonder why she did that and I turn to see Y/N running away. I got so angry and ran after her.