Kakashi 69

Y/n's pov

So I would like to go home. This whole situation is like when your mom drops you off at your sister's family gathering, and your cousin has cousins that you've never met because of their dad's side. Except here, it looks like everyone wants to kill each other, like full-blown pull out guns blazing.

I mean, I can't even get some good without feeling like I'm about to get trampled, and when I tried to talk to someone I was basically shut down. I want William to come back, the only time he comes is to get another person for the interview.

"You look terrified," a guy says.

Yes, terrified, of him. Because everybody here is scary.

"I'm not scared," I say looking up at him.

"You're huddled in the corner of the room," he says holding out a plate of food. "These people don't bite y'know."

"I'm just scoping out the competition," I say taking a seat, so I can balance the plate of food in my lap. "I'm not scared of anyone."

"You look like you want to leave," he laughs sitting beside me.

"What? I would never want to leave," I say picking at the food. "Because I'm not scared, I bet you're scared."

"I'm not scared... just nervous," he says. "Everyone is nervous, they're on edge. Probably why they were being rude to you."

"So you were watching me like some sort of predator?" I ask. "Weird."

"No, I was just scoping out the competition," he says. "But you know all about that."

Rip to me.

"Yeah I do," I say eating small bits of the sandwich. "I've observed a lot."

"Like what?" he asks.

Next question.

"Wel for starters you look like you beat people up for a living," I say. "Actually everybody here looks like they get into fistfights on a daily basis."

"Well it's good for the job," he says.

"The job?" I ask.

I need some intel on this secret job, I am a spy after all.

"We aren't really supposed to talk about it with everybody else," he says. "That William guy told us not to."

"Have you ever gone to an interview here before?" I ask.

"Yeah, there were so many stages," he says. "You remember right?"

"Huh? Oh no, I'm applying for a secretary position, but there was a mix up so I have to wait a bit longer," I say. "That William guy apologized and said I could grab something to eat while I waited."

"Makes sense," he nods his head. "You don't really fit the profile."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask. "What kinda profile?"

"I don't know, you're just small," he says.

"What's wrong with being small?" I ask. "I'll still beat your ass any day."

That's a lie, he could flick me and I'd be dead.

"I never said that there was anything wrong with being small," he says. "Don't take it the wrong way, it's just with the job requirements and whatever."

"The job requirements that you can't talk about?" I ask.

"Uh-huh," he nods his head. "From what I've learned they conduct their interviews in a very unique way. This one in particular."