POLYESTER PAJAMAS

SHAPE SHIFTED

_________________c h a p t e r  s e v e n t e e n

_________________
c h a p t e r s e v e n t e e n

"So you're done for the season?" Allison asks, as she, Carson and Lydia walk up to the school doors.

"Yes, apparently the swim team doesn't look very good when their best player drowns in the pool and three days later is branded as the psycho who jumped from a third story window. But whatever, I think my hair got shinier," Carson rolls her eyes, playing with the brown strands.

"You really don't remember anything?" Allison asks Lydia.

"They called it a "fugue state," which is basically a way of saying, "We have no idea why you can't remember running through the woods naked for two days," Lydia explains.

"But, personally, I don't care. I lost nine pounds," she shrugs.

"Nice. All I lost were my clothes and dignity. Stiles gave me polyester pajamas," Carson shivers.

"Wow, must have killed you," Allison mocks.

"Yes, I'm already forming a rash," she points to her arm.

"Are you ready for this?" she asks the girls.

"Please, it's not like my aunt's a serial killer," Lydia walks ahead, leaving Allison in shock.

"That's Lydia for yes," Carson pats her shoulder.

The two best friends walk in not knowing what to expect, met with a bunch of stares and whispers from people who were begging for their attention last month.

"That's the girl who died and came back to life like some zombie freak."

"Carson is a star swimmer, and she drowns? Embarrassing much?"

"I can't believe they're back. They probably did some satanic ritual and that's why they were in the hospital."

Noticing the girls getting ready to lose it, Allison suggests, "Maybe its the nine pounds. Or the hair."

At that, they both strut through the hallway, chins up and eyes wide.

____

"Ah, Stilinski and McCall. Just who I wanted to see," Carson yanks at both the boys' collars with a surprising amount of ease.

"Hey Carson, how's your first day back going?" Scott asks, a hint of fear in his tone.

"Great, the stares and the whispers are like the soundtrack to my nightmare," she scoffs.

"Sorry for asking," Scott looks down.

"I wanna know what happened. I wanna know everything that you have been hiding. And so help me God," she leans close to their faces, "if you don't tell me, I will get angry. And you don't want to get me angry."