Chapter thirteen

Ian comes home after work, walking in with his head in the clouds. "I met a dude. Showed me this bar." I start. "He's cute. Should I go and see if he's at the bar tonight?" 
"Of course you should. Don't drink too much." I tell him. He laughs and goes upstairs to pick an outfit. He comes down a few times to show me different shirts and jackets. "I don't think you've ever been this gay. A fashion show, Ian. Just pick something that doesn't make you look desperate."
"I am NOT desperate." he defends. "Okay, sure." I laugh at him as he trips on pants that are too big for him. How does he manage to find pants that are big for him, he's like twenty feet tall!

Debbie comes home next. "I can't find a job with Harry." She tells me. "Maybe go to the alibi, See if Kev is hiring people, Maybe he can watch Harry too." She nods and leaves. Hardly a minute later Carl comes in. "I want to go to this school." He hands me a pamphlet. "I don't know how much, But I'm serious about this." I look over the paper. "And with this, you will do what?" 
"Be a cop, maybe join SWAT." He sounds excited. "I can shoot, run, I know how drugs work, I know prison." He starts changing into his dish cleaner outfit. "I want this Amanda." 
"Talk to Fiona or Lip," I tell him. He gets dressed and then walks past me to leave. I stop him and give him a hug. "Good luck."

Debbie comes back in an hour after Carl leaves. "How do you expect to pay your rent if you don't have a job?" 
"I'll get one Debbs, Just not now," I say as I take a sip of the soda I was drinking. I can hear Ian upstairs giving himself a pep talk. "Twink! You're going to miss your date!" I yell up to him. "Did you find a job?" I turn back to Debbie and ask.  "I'm going to find a man." She tells me proudly. "You're going to be a sugar baby?" She nods and goes upstairs. 

Ian jumps down the last few stairs and turns to me. "Can I borrow a twenty, or something? I gave Fiona my check." I nod and hand him around seventy dollars. "I'll make more, keep it and have fun tonight." He hugs me and gives me a kiss on the forehead and leaves. I end up googling the bar when he walks out. It's not just a gay bar, it's a grunge LGBTQ bar. Maybe I should check it out. Just for fun. 

 The bar door leads to a hallway, I can see people dancing all around the room at the end of it. I spot Ian's red hair with a shorter dude.  They have sodas and are talking. They both seem happy, A lot happier than Ian's been lately. "Hey, Ian," I say coming behind him, Jumping up and hugging him from the side. The sorter man looks shocked. "I thought you were gay?" He asks him. "Oh, No He is. I'm his little sister, Amanda." I put out my hand from him to shake. "Cute neckless, get it at hot topic?" He laughs. "Do you know what it means?" Ian asks me. Of course, I do, I'm not an idiot." The shorter man laughs. "I'm Trevor." 
"Did you come here to spy on me?" Ian asks. I laugh. "no, I came for a possible hookup with someone." He gestures around. "This is mostly a gay bar."
"With gay girls, keep up."
"Wait your..."
"Down to fuck anyone that I like, Yep." I flip him off playfully as I walk away. 

I end up leaving some random girls' house at around 2 am and walk home. Fiona isn't home, nor is Ian. The next morning I wake up to a screeching car. I look outside to see Ian and Trevor. Someone must have stayed the night. I overhear Ian asking Trevor questions.  Oh my god, he's gonna blow it! STOP ASKING ABOUT NON-EXISTANT TITS MAN. Trevor answers his questions as nicely as he can. I stop listening in and go upstairs. I hear frank yelling and Look out my window.  What a crazy fuck.