Part 33- His Wife

Asiyah's POV.

Azaan didn't contact me after the last time that we talked and I didn't went back home either.

I think it's good this way. I am not mentally ready for more drama.

I was home, reading some Quran when I received a notification.

I checked my phone and the following message left me without any words to say.

- Salam my sweet daughter, we decided to plan your sister's wedding this upcoming week. Please make sure to take some time off your work and be present for this special occasion. Come back home soon jaan! from mom.

I dropped my phone down and closed my Quran.

I wasn't able to cry but I knew I was already in pain.

This is going to be a tough week.

***

It's day 1 of the wedding. We're decorating the entire house, making invitations cards, deciding the food we want, deciding the theme of the wedding and so on.

I've been with the cousins in the kitchen discussing the theme colour and food meanwhile many workers were getting the living room ready.

As much as I'm trying to keep my mind focus on the positive side of this, my heart is simply not there. I feel like there's a whole in me.

"I'll go see how's the living room going" I told my cousins before walking out of the kitchen.

I walked around the huge living room seeing how beautiful everything was being done. I stopped in my tracks when I saw a worker not really knowing what he was doing.

"Hey, are you sure that's how you place that?" I asked him.

"Uh not really miss, I'm supposed to install the flowers but someone's missing so I'm taking over his place but I'm really confused right now" he said.

"Get down, I'll try to help" I told him.

"Uh Miss, are you sure? It's my job after all" he said.

"Don't worry about it, just get down" I told him taking off my heels.

"Okay then" he said getting down from the ladder.

I got on and placed the lights correctly.

"Give me the other lights" I told him.

"Here..can I use the bathroom really quickly while you do that?" he asked me.

"Go ahead" I told him.

It's better to do this then to discuss with the others, I can't stop overthinking unlike right now.

I was concentrated in placing the lights correctly when I heard someone calling my name, I almost lost my balance but was immediately caught by someone.

I opened my eyes and met with Azaan.

Ya Allah!

I got off of him and placed my clothes correctly.

"Sorry" I said.

"I don't think that's your job" he said.

"I know I just- why are you here?" I asked him.

"I came to see my father in law" he said.

I nodded without saying anything.

"Miss, I'm back" the worker came back.

"Uh..good I'm done with the lights you can go back to your flowers" I told him.

"Thanks a lot!" he said.