037

January 1st

Skye woke up in the early hours of the morning, groaning as the sunlight peered through the curtains and hit her face. Due to struggling to fall asleep last night, Skye didn't get that much sleep, so she was pretty tired right now. The reason why Skye had trouble falling asleep was mainly that she kept contemplating the same thing. That thing? Whether something more should have happened between her and Levi last night.

The two were close, incredibly close. Skye had never been so physically close to Levi like that, and while it was scary, it was also oddly comforting at the same time. She had never been so scared before, but knowing it was Levi she was with made it a little less scary. Skye still couldn't help but think in the back of her mind what would have happened if she and Levi shared a kiss when the clock struck twelve.

The thought came suddenly when she laid under the covers in his bed by herself in the middle of the night. It felt a little wrong to think about at first. She almost felt disgusted that she thought such a thing, but the more she thought about it, the more it didn't seem as bad. Skye didn't exactly regret not being kissed, but she wouldn't have hated it if it were to happen.

The relationship Skye shared with Levi had always been confusing from the beginning, but now it was just one gigantic puzzle with a million pieces. Every time Skye was ready to place the last piece, someone always came along to ruin the puzzle and bring her back to square one. Right now she felt like she was restarting the puzzle again, but that puzzle would be figured out eventually.

As Skye looked at her phone to see how early it was, she figured that she get out of bed, get back into her clothes then go downstairs and see if Levi was awake. She didn't want to overstay her welcome as it was so out of the blue, so Skye figured it would be best if she left as soon as possible and head back home.

Skye carefully treaded down the stairs in case everyone was asleep, then saw Levi sleeping on the couch with a random blanket laying on top of him, one that seemed to have put on him without his knowledge. He looked almost peaceful in his sleep, but Skye couldn't just sit and watch like a weirdo. Skye just had to quietly exit, but not without leaving a very thoughtful thank you note first.

•••

Levi,

I hope you don't mind me snatching some of your mom's pen and paper to write this note. Actually, I don't think you will. You've always been so caring and giving.

Anyways, I hate to leave you like this while you're asleep, but I just have to get home, and I kind of just want to be alone until we go back to school and face the music. You understand, right? Besides, my dad has to know his only child is alive. You know how he is.

I just wanted to leave this note and say thank you for everything. Not just for last night, but for everything you've ever done for me even if you were going out of your way to do it. I am forever in your debt and I am forever thankful to have you as a friend, even if everyone wishes we would just date already.

Okay, that was weird of me to mention. I didn't sleep that well last night, sorry. I'm just gonna end this note now. Text me if I owe you gas money or anything.

Your friend,

Skye <3.

•••