X

wilbur pulled away after a few moments, brushing a thumb under my eye to wipe away any tears.

"are you alright?" he asked, tilting his head ever so slightly.

i hummed in response. he smiled, cupping my hand in his.

wil lead us out of the house, shutting the door behind us. the bright sun blinding me for a second.

after blinking a few times, my eyes adjusted to the light. i glanced up at wilbur who was smiling at me, his hand interlocking with mine.

the tall brunette lead us further into l'manburg, making small talk as we walked.

~*~*~*~

the main square of l'manburg was packed full of people laughing and enjoying themselves.

the bunting and lanterns, i had put up with quackity and karl, hung beautifully along the rooftops.

the floral arrangements niki and fundy had made were scattered around the town, little ribbons tying the bunches together.

i smiled proudly at how well everything came together, looking up at wil who had not yet dropped our hands.

he stared out, scanning the crowd.

"tommy said they'd meet us at the bakery stall." he nodded across the square.

we made our way through the crowd, weaving around people, muttering out apologies.

my gaze landed on a group of familiar faces. niki and tubbo were sitting on a bench beside the bakery booth. the older female planting flowers into the younger teen's hair.

tommy was sat on the table in the booth, swigging his long legs, chewing on half a loaf of bread.

quackity and karl were deep in conversation, as per usual, standing behind the counter.

wil and i walked over to our friends, exchanging small greetings. i let go of his hand reluctantly, the older male glancing down at the lack of contact. i sat beside tubbo, giving him a quick hug.

"you look great- i love the colour choice." i pointed at the flower crown being created on his hair.

"oh thank you- would you like some too?" he beamed, holding up a basket of flowers.

"of course."

i turned away from tubbo, allowing him to place flowers in my hair.

wil walked towards tommy, whispering something to his younger brother. both males glanced my way.

i gave them a quick smile, the brunette returning the gesture, the blond sticking his tongue out at me.

tubbo continued assembling a makeshift crown in my hair, showing me the different flowers and naming them before placing them on my head.

i enjoyed spending time with tubbo, he was one of the sweetest kids ive ever met. we chatted for a while, i asked him what stalls he wished to visit during the festival, the boy replying with a long list of activities- i could barely keep count.

when he finished up the crown, he held up niki's pocket mirror, angling it so i could see the full thing.

red and purple flowers were woven into my hair, the occasional daisy scattered in as well. i beamed, hugging the younger boy.

"thank you tub. i love it."

he chuckled in response, hugging me back.

a cough brought my attention to karl, who stood in front of me, holding a tray of baked goods.

i got up, bunching my skirt so i didn't trample on it, and peered down at the metal tray in the older male's hands.

cupcakes were lined up and down, covered in white icing. he gazed into my eyes, biting his lower lip, anticipating validation.

"woah karl, these look amazing."

"you think so?" his eyes brightened, a smile gracing his soft features.

i nodded, my hand hovering over one. i looked back up at him, for approval.

"yes- have one- please." he stumbled over his words, a light blush covering his cheeks.

i picked one up, unwrapping it from its casing and taking a bite. my eyes widened-

"karl- you made my favourite cupcakes?" i questioned, continuing to eat the baked treat.

he rubbed the back of his neck shyly.

"tommy told me your favourite flavour- i thought it'd be a nice surprise."

he set the tray down on the table across from him. i quickly wrapped my arms around the taller boy, muttering a string of thank yous.

i felt his arms encase my body, his hands resting on my lower back.

"oi back it up, buster." tommy yelled, looming behind karl.

i chuckled and pulled away from a startled karl, who was staring up at the grumbling teen.

tommy rushed to my side, draping a long arm over my shoulders protectively.

"you don't have my permission- you look lovely today by the way y/n-" he paused, smiling at me and then returning his gaze to karl who stood awkwardly, fumbling with his apron.

"- so back off bitch."

a/n- 8k lets go!! also- ranboo lore stream last night- woahh... oh and my tiktok is fizzykneecaps if anyone was wondering- i cosplay mcyt <3