FIRST

Seo Eunmi sat at the head of the table

Seo Eunmi sat at the head of the table. Her hair was tied in a nice neat ponytail, her legs crossed over one another and her hands were folder nicely. Being student body president was one of her favorite things, she liked the power the position held.

"So," Eunmi cleared her throat. "After that, I would like you to consider giving the music program a larger budget." other than being student president she also liked music. People say her voice was a gift from heaven itself, and those compliments fed her ego.

She knew suggesting that the music program having a larger budget was risky, considering that all the teachers preferred sports over the arts. "Eunmi, we would love to but the basketball jerseys are getting a bit old." Mrs. Jang replied with a sympathetic smile.

Eunmi's shoulders slumped slightly in disappointment, but she played it off. "It's not a problem, really." she gave a reassuring look. "I think I'll be heading out now." Eunmi stood up, slinging her bag over her shoulder.

"Wait, Eunmi." Mrs. Jang stopped the girl. "Would you mind tutoring this one student I have?" she asked, her words dancing around the topic. Eunmi didn't like tutoring people, especially when they could pass her in the rank.

Eunmi turned her heel, giving her teacher a doubted expression. "Look, I know it's a little sudden but Suho and Soojin aren't available. But seeing as you're ranking number three, I figure you could tutor him." she gave Eunmi a light tipped grin.

Lee Suho and Kang Soojin. Eunmi believed herself to be just as smart as them but apparently not. They had been in top two, leaving her with third place. No matter how hard she tried to pass them, she just couldn't.

Heaving a heavy sigh, Eunmi nodded. She didn't want to disappoint her teacher so she gave in. Eunmi bid a goodbye to Mrs. Jang and made her way out of the school. School had ended hours ago, but she stuck around to talk about her president things.

The sun glistened down on the freshly cut grass, and the trees danced subtly in the wind. nature brought a small smile to her face. It was only the beginning of the new school year, she knew that the leaves would soon turn brown and all hell would break loose.

"Gosh, stop eating all the stew! I swear we had some leftovers yesterday." Eunmi clicked her tongue, closing the refrigerator door. "I'm heading out to get food, because someone ate it all!" she shouted into the household, glaring at her brother who slurped on the last bit of stew.

"I'm borrowing this." she swiftly took her brother's sweatshirt which laid sloppily on the couch and threw it over her shoulders, wordlessly she left the house.

"Damn, why is it so cold?" Eunmi muttered as she pulled the hoodie over her head. "Maybe wearing shorts was a bad idea." she rolled her eyes at the bad choice of clothing.

She could feel something move in her pockets, curiously she picked out her favorite strawberry lipgloss from the pocket. "Gosh, why didn't I put this away?" Eunmi shoved it back into her pocket, making a mental note to put it in its respective place.

Lights from the street lamps illuminated her way, and the soft sound of crickets overflowed the area. Eunmi stopped at the street and looked both ways, making sure there were no cars. But it wasn't the cars she needed to worry about.

A certain motorcycle hadn't seen her and was heading straight for her.