Therapy (don't skip)

Trigger warning

Trigger warning

Mention of abuse, suicide, death.

"I'll be back in an hour okay?" Amelia said to a sleepy Harry. It was a Saturday and they both had the day off. Amelia had a therapist appointment. Harry had told her that he thought she should go. He had been worried about her taking on all of this pressure at once. Amelia had been to therapy before.

She quickly got dressed and into the shower. She then quickly went back to her bed where Harry still slept. She kissed him lightly on the cheek and he smiled. "I love you" he said and Amelia smiled again. "I know you do bunny!" Harry laughed at the nickname and then told the girl he couldn't wait for the anniversary dinner tonight. Amelia quickly left the apartment.

"Hi you must be Miss. Amelia! My name is Muriel!" a woman said reaching out both of her hands. "So nice to meet you!" Amelia said holding the woman's warm hands. Muriel had bright red hair. She was at least in her sixties. She had definitely gotten a face lift. Her hands were covered in tons of rings some stacked on her fingers. Her smile had a nice warm sunny feeling to it. She then invited the girl into a room.

The room was a pale gray. Muriel had decorated it with quotes. The quotes were all very cheesy with things like "you can do it" and "don't worry be happy!" Amelia sat down on the small gray love seat. She looked to her left to see a small table. It had tissues and hand sanitizer on it. The bottom of the table held a small storage space where books about mental health lay.

Amelia then look across from her seeing Muriel sitting down. Muriel crossed her legs in a criss cross form. Amelia sat very politely and folded her hands. "Tell me a bit about yourself Amelia?" Muriel said folding her hands.

"Well I'm twenty three, I'm a songwriter and now a singer, I was diagnosed with cancer seven months ago." Amelia said leaning back into the couch.

"Good start now tell me about your past?" Muriel said staring straight into the girls soul. Amelia felt slightly uncomfortable talking about her past. She had tried so hard to block it all out.

"I was born on December 13th , my parents died when I was younger and I was sent to a orphanage." Amelia said almost to quickly hoping the woman wouldn't ask any more questions about it.

"Tell me about your parents" Muriel said and Amelia noticed the shift in her tone of voice. It had changed into more of a sensitive tone.

"I was fourteen when they passed, they didn't go together or anything though, my mother got breast cancer and passed away, my dad then committed suicide in the next few weeks" Amelia said. She had never gotten this deep with anyone. She hadn't even told Harry about her parents and he never asked because he knew she didn't like talking about it.

"How did you feel during that vulnerable time in your life?" Muriel asked the girl and Amelia slightly laughed at the question. "I felt like complete shit and I didn't even know what to do so I started to write it all down" Amelia said.