Chapter 10: Misunderstood

Your POV

" Lady (y/n), the guest is arriving soon. Lady Ningguang wishes to see you right away." A millelith guard said, I gently pushed Zhongli away. I nodded at the guard and looked at Zhongli.

" Excuse me, I can't deal with you right now, Mr. 'Zhongli.' " I said to him emphasizing his name again.

" I understand, Guizho- " I cut him off with a slap on his cheek and I glared at him. He looked shockingly at me while caressing his reddening cheek. I just rolled my eyes at him and turned away, I saw Ningguang staring at us in shock.

" Kindly address me using my first name, you do know me, right Mr. Zhongli? " I said staring down at the ground, clenching my fist.

" Y-yes... I'm sorry, (y/n)." I heard him said. I slightly nodded and went to Ningguang. I can already feel my eyes stinging. I shook my head go get the thought off my mind. Ningguang then took my hand.

" Lovers Quarrel?" Ningguang asked and I glared at her.

" I don't love him. " I told Ningguang and she looked at me slyly.

" I mustn't, I can't and I won't." I told her and just walked off.

' It's true. How can a mortal be in a ' romantic' relationship with a god? Even so, how can a woman love a man that has seen interest in her only because of his 'past'? ' I thought to myself.

" Such stupidity. " I muttered underneath my breath.

" What? He confessed? " Ningguang asked me and I laughed.

" His confession was for someone else. " I told her and she chuckled.

" I thought you both liked each other after meeting only yesterday. " Ningguang said with a laugh, making me laugh as well.

" Well, there's this guy from Mondstadt that I had a crush on. " I told Ningguang and she rolled her eyes at me.

" He's handsome, smart, strong, and also pretty rich. " I said and her eyes immediately shifted towards me.

" Hmm~ I'm listening. " Ningguang said and we both laughed.

" Lady Ningguang, Lady (y/n). The guest has arrived. " A millelith guard told us.

" Let's save that for later. " Ningguang said with a wink.

I love her gentle and playful demeanor when we're both alone. She's so different when she's serious and on her 'business woman mode'.

I slowly turned around to see Zhongli still looking a little bit confused and bothered. " You coming or what?! " I yelled at Zhongli and just sighed when he just looked at me.

' Urg! That guy! ' I thought and went back to him and grab his wrist. His eyes widen and I just rolled my eyes at him.

" I don't want my guest hanging around here all alone, contemplating with his old life. " I told him and started dragging him along with me.

" Come on, snap out of it. Do you want me to slap you even harder that it'll make your head fly off and burst just like that stone dumbbell? " I asked him with annoyance.

" Leave him be. I told him to choose anything here that caught his interest. Give him some time. " Ningguang said, " You can go inside the Jade Chamber and pick out an item you like. " She told Zhongli.