𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞.

Revna's POV:

The doctor had led us into the room, telling us he would be in to check his vitals soon before he left. My heart sank in my chest looking at the man before me. His cheeks that used to be so full of color, were now slightly pale and borderline Grey. He looked broken, beaten. He looked like a normal man. Yelena really bested him and made it look easy.

Steve clenched his jaw tightly as he stepped closer to the bed. I couldn't move. My feet were stuck to the ground as the bile rose in my stomach. This is all because I'm alive.

"I'm assuming this wasn't a robbery." Steve muttered.

"No. It wasn't." I mumbled irritably.

"then I'll assume this was about you. Bucky was in the way to get to you." He glared at me.

"he was. I'll admit that. But I'm kinda wishing you were in the way instead."

Steve rolled his eyes, grinding his teeth together, "he's my best friend, I'm not gonna keep letting him get used by you!"

"he's your best friend?! You stopped being his best friend the moment you let him fall from that train!"

His features morphed into shock, his irises widening slightly as the gears turned in his head to think of a response, "I didn't let him fall! You let him nearly get killed!"

"Do you think I like watching this happen?! Do you think I intentionally want Bucky to get hurt when the entire time I've been wanting something to happen to me?!" I yelled.

"well you don't seem to be doing anything!"

"what is there to do Steve?! she isn't ready for me yet. she's gonna make me suffer."

"then I guess it's safe to say Natasha is next. You're nothing but a danger, a toxic rot that infects everything."

I shook my head, denying his words, "Natalia isn't next. I won't let that happen."

"but you'll let that happen to bucky." He spat bitterly.

"I didn't know it was gonna happen!"

"and you won't know when it happens to nat. And when it does. She's gonna come straight to me."

"he's right." Nat commented, staring at the floor.

My bottom lip quivered and my entire body felt winded. My heart sunk deep into the pit of my stomach as a limp formed in the back of my throat, "baby..."

"only I'm only going to you to kick your teeth in. I wouldn't dare leave my wife for someone like you." Natalia hissed and my mood changed when I realized she wasn't leaving me.

"you're not married yet. there's still time to change your mind. Maybe even after the fact."

" you can leave now steve. you saw Bucky." I mumbled under my breath, feeling tense and stiff.

Steve scoffed, " I'm not gonna leave him, I'm his best friend."

"no I'm his best friend, I have been for a long time."

"bet that only happened because you fucked him. Became a little slut for him. How does that make Nat feel?"

"I've come to terms with it and I know they're just friends." Nat shrugged, her cheeks becoming a little darker the angrier she seemed to be getting.

Steve smirked, are you certain about that?"

Nat rolled her eyes, "yes. now shut the hell up before I break your jaw."