10- First time with him

Jannat's pov

People here are amazing, They are very kind and understanding. After Zain left for work I thought of helping mamma when I saw her entering the kitchen she asked me if I can cook and I truthfully said only two to three dishes which is ramen I can perfectly cook ramen and tea and of course coffee, they looked at me weirdly because I thought that were all dishes. Since I didn't want to embarrass myself more I quickly apologised and said her I'll learn to cook more dishes with the help of her and YouTube, to which she smiled happily.

It was time for lunch, and even my husband's shadow was not in view, I so wanted to ask them when he will come or whether he will come for lunch or now but was feeling shy for no reason.

I just wanted to be sure if he eats well, a single piece of bread and a cup of coffee is not a great breakfast I think. I waited and waited, half an hour has passed still no sight of him, mama called me to eat but I excused myself by saying I am not hungry to which she didn't mind but still warned me to eat later.

A few min later mama came and sat beside me in the living room, as if she read my mind she asked me if I was waiting for Zain and I subtly nod feeling the shyness crawling up my heart at the mention of his name.

But Mamma sighs and apologises, but when she said the reason for her apology I felt like a dumb person in the whole world even though we didn't have any interaction I still wanted him to be healthy but stupid me didn't know he eats his lunch in his office and finishes his work and arrives home only in the afternoon.

I lost my appetite when I heard Mamma and I felt stupid for waiting for Zain, I should have asked somebody it's not their mistake though. I gave her a soft smile which was fake because I was not able to smile for some reason. And assured her that it's okay when I saw clear guilt in her eyes, soon I  left to have some rest in my bedroom, because I know I won't be able to eat when my mind is messed up.

I didn't know when my eyes closed but I had a nice sleep for almost two hours, his bed is really comfortable.

After freshening up I went down and sat with others they didn't complain for sleeping in the day which I am glad. We were having fun while talking, laughing loud at others joke Inaya and mama has a great sense of humour.

We thought of playing games which ended up on playing one song and me and Inaya mimicking it or even singing it since I know the song like a maniac forgetting the fact that my mother in law is in front of me and I just got married yesterday, I need to keep my impression good for at least a week but me here I was singing loudly like a mad women.

While I was singing and twirling around in Inaya's hold, I felt someone's stare on me so going with ky instinct I lift my lids up only for my world and heart to drop down and I freeze on my spot, when Zain's intimidating eyes penetrates right through my soul, as if someone stomped on the break my voice comes to a halt, no words were coming out of my mouth I messed up I definitely messed up, he wasn't doing anything. But still my heart was trembling.

He just stood there leaning against the wall with his arms crossed and one leg flat on the wall, looking straight into my soul just his stare was making my knees weak.

I gulp giving him an apologetic look to which he didn't say anything nor gave any look, he simply tugged his hands in his pocket, he was looking unimaginably hot with those sleeves rolled up and tie loosened around his neck few buttons open from up, giving me a perfect view of his collarbone. Ya Allah, my heart.