41.With Him

Warisha's POV

"So....now what?" I asked as I shifted on the hot sand.

"Just let the sun touch you." He chuckled.

"Really? We came all the way to Maldives just to let the sun touch me?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Then who should touch you?" He raised his brows as I shrugged, but not before extending my legs in his way.

"What...hey!" He glared at me, balancing himself as he stumbled on my leg. I laughed at him.

"Hello." I waved my hand.

"Crazy woman." He sat beside me.

"Seriously, I'm bored now." I frowned in annoyance.

We're here from the morning, and I'm already done with the ocean. And by done I mean just dipping my legs a bit in the water and looking around. Beach is actually not my thing. Still, we came here in hurry as seeing us being lazy, Baba had to send us here. It's a wedding gift from them. Alyan seems to be excited about something. I mean I saw him searching in internet about something. But as he said 'I should stop poking my nose in his phone'.

"I thought you would enjoy here."

"Well, I enjoyed at first but do you realise I'm sitting here since last two hours?"

"What should I do if you get afraid of tiny waves?"

"Oh like you'll rescue me if a jelly fish grabs me. Instead you'll enjoy it feasting on me." I frowned.

"Firstly, there's no jellyfish here. And secondly, jellyfishes sting people, they don't feast on them." He smirked.

"Do you realise that you're the worst partner to go in a honeymoon with?"

"Like you went with many others."

"Huh." I looked at the ocean ahead.

Small waves were hitting the powdery sand of the beach. It's beautiful, the blue sky on the blue sea. I wonder how beautiful it will be during sunset. When we came, there were few other people but now it's nearly empty. He chose this island for this reason, it's not so crowded. And I'm thankful for that. Obviously you wouldn't want people running around you and try to protect yourself from coming in someone else's picture accidentally.

I clutched my hijab with my hand as the crazy wind was again and again throwing it on my face. My skin was starting to burn now as I'm not that used to being open to sun like this. At least not for so long.

My thoughts drifted to many places, specially at the mission I have to concentrate on after going back.

After ten minutes or so, I came out of trance.

I looked beside me to find it empty. Where did he go? I looked around but he was nowhere to be seen.

I shook my head and focused ahead again.

But he did not come back. I took my phone and called him, but that man did not receive. As I thought of getting up and searching for him, I saw him coming here with a victorious grin.

"Where were you?" I glared at him as he slumped beside me, completely sweaty.

"Somewhere." He took a deep breathe.

"And where's this somewhere?"

"In this big world. Don't worry, I didn't flirt with any beautiful foreigner." He winked at me, taking the water bottle.

"Like I'm worried for that."

"Though...they're very beautiful I must say." He looked at me with a serious expression.