CHAPTER-28

Capturing the moment

Kritika's pov

"Hey Kri...you coming to bachelor's tonight?",Rahul was on call and I was on the other side cursing my stars.

"Umm...umm I doubt the probability of my presence",I said.Hesitated.

"You can't bail out now.Listen to me,the people that are gonna be there ,I have no idea who they are.You as my friend should be present at my bachelor's and I didn't invite any of my friends",he said.

"I can understand but..I have other bui...

"Man you are coming and have in mind that you are attending all other ceremonies along with Geet.I know you'll be in NYC for a while and you have some office work here too so stop lying to me.You even lied to Violet that you are leaving to India.What's the problem?Has it got anything to do with Stefan?What is the matter between you two and lately he is hanging out with my cousin....is this why..

"No Rahul.I and Stefan never had a thing,we were friends.I don't know why but he has been avoiding me for months and it just gets awkward.I don't wanna get avoided by someone and why on earth will you want to show up at that person's face if he is clearly avoiding you.That's it and it's clearly nothing. Violet is young ,she doesn't understand,she thinks Stefan likes me but then you can see how he is clearly avoiding me.That's why I lied to her.

I'll come for you Rahul and Geet will come along too.I don't wanna miss your wedding and hurt you because of Stefan",I said taking back the words that I first spoke.

"Don't you worry.Stefan is a cool guy,things will be fine",he said assuring me.

"Yeah".
......................................................................
"What are you gonna wear for the sangeet?",asked Geet as we sat in the car and fidgeted.

"How I wish our sizes were same!.I carried another semi traditional dress.Hope it will work today and I gotta arrange a dress for the wedding",I said looking at the knee length dress that I was wearing.My phone beeped ,it was from April.She sent me a picture and I turned red,my cheeks warm and heart raced when I stared at the picture without taking a break.I was blushing and smiling at myself like an idiot.

"What are you blushing at?",Geet asked.

"It's nothing",I said trying to hide my wide smile.

"Show me",she snatched my phone.
"Wow.That's a good one.You guys look great together actually",she said in a serious tone trying to analyse that picture.

April captured this picture when I was dressed in that blue lehenga and checked on myself infront of the picture and Stefan was behind me, looking at my reflection in the mirror.He was staring at me.

"I didn't notice him or I would have never gone near him",I said trying to put a leash on Geet's imagination.

"Or you would have never got such a freaking good,candid picture.April has done a good job,you know what people pay to get such awesome pictures but sadly all of them are fake candids but look at yours.....it's freaking real and perfect",she ended and I looked at the picture and blushed again.
"You guys will look great together and honestly Stefan looks breathtaking always,in any hair cut and even that wierd grey blue colour doesn't look bad on him.He is one of the hottest men walking on earth",she said and then I realize that this was the first time she was appreciating Stefan.
"But if he is avoiding you, better avoid him too and nothing else matters".

"I know ",I said deeply."But I hate his blue hair and seriously this picture could have looked a million times better if he was in his natural black hair",I said."I'm gonna edit it later".
.....................................................................
"Are you sure you wanna dance?",Geet asked with a quizzical look.

"It's sangeet everyone dances and I love dancing plus I promised Rahul to attend all the ceremonies with all my heart",I said excited as we made way through the narrow passage to the dressing room.

"You go change,Rahul's mom needs my help",Geet said turning around and then she kissed me on my cheek.

"Go".

I changed my dress and wore that semi traditional dress which was not even close to be a quarter traditional.
Damn!!I should have bought that blue lehenga and I will get so embarassed in front of everyone.I should put on a decent dress and should match to the standards of this wedding cause it's Stefan Wilson's sister.I rushed outside,I'll rush to that store and buy something to wear.How can I so be negligent?There is hardly any time left for the ceremony and I already told Rahul that I'm gonna perform and they can announce my name anytime on stage.
Shit!I messed up really hard.

"Ouch!aaaa!",I screamed as I collided with a black object or may be a chest on my way.

"Careful Kritika,it's such a narrow passage.Only one of us can go",a very gentle voice spoke and I knew who it was.

"Stefan. I'm sorry. I'm in a hurry, I didn't see you coming",I said as I panicked and it was clearly written on my face.

"What's wrong? You don't look good",he asked as he lifted my chin up and now I was looking into this eyes.

"Nothing. I don't wanna bother you with my problems",I said looking away.

"Fine. It's my sister's wedding and I gotta make sure everyone is comfortable now shut up and tell me why do you look so worried?",he asked in a demanding voice.

"It's just a silly thing Stefan, please let me go or I'll be late."

"Late for what?",he asked

"My damn performance".

"Listen my sisters can help you with that. Don't go anywhere cause do you remember you crashed my car last time when you were in a hurry?I fear you might do the same thing",he said looking into my eyes.

"Ours is not the same size and please get off Stefan. I'm late",I yelled at him and pushed him aside but still I couldn't get through the passage.

"You being so violent Kritika and I promise I can help you with that but you need to stop pushing me away and I'll be saving your life for the 2nd time",he said with his patented smirk.

"No. How are you supposed to help me? I need a dress and I'm sure Clara is not my size".

"That dress will fit you perfectly now come with me",he held my hand and turned me around and took me to that room.I walked in front of him and he followed me with his hands on both my shoulders slightly pushing me in.
"Wait here until I come back with that dress".

"Stefan you don't have to do this. Seriously.I can manage."

"You don't have to manage because it is not needed.Give me a sec.Don't move",he disappeared.