2;11

Unalaq has forced Korra into opening the Northern portal and trapped Jinora in the Spirit World while almost trapping Kitty. Back in Republic City, everybody loves Varrick's Nuktuk movers. Everybody, that is, except Mako, whose pursuit of Varrick has landed him in the slammer. And in the Southern Water Tribe, Unalaq's army is nearing victory in the Civil War, but Tonraq isn't about to give up without a fight.

...

Everyone is so quiet, we dare not utter a word. What can we say during a time like this? What can I say?...

As Oogi flies toward the Eastern Air Temple carrying me, Korra, Tenzin, Bumi, Kya, and Jinora's body, I can't help but feel unbelievably guilty. I would've never went back to my body if I didn't think she couldn't do it. I had faith Jinora could because she is incredibly gifted with her spiritual abilities. Heck, she's by far better than me! She helped guide my sister into the Spirit world. I just- I wish I would've stayed. Now she's trapped in the Spirit World alone, and all of the spirits are turning dark.

My gosh, what am I going to tell Pema? I should've stayed with Jinora, at least it would've given Pema and Tenzin some relief knowing that their daughter isn't alone.

"Dad's back," I hear Meelo shout happily from down below.

"Where's Jinora?" Pema asks as she approaches Oogi.

Tenzin says nothing, but instead lifts up Jinora's inanimate body to show to his wife. I watch as her eyes fill with terror and disbelief. She drops the flowers she had in her arms and quickly makes her way over to us.

"No!" She shouts in a panic as she falls to the ground. "How could this happen?!"

"It was all my fault," Tenzin says, full of guilt. "I should have never let Jinora enter the Spirit World without me. I couldn't protect her."

"No," I tell both Tenzin and Pema. "It's my fault. I should've never come back, but when it was time to return to our bodies, I thought she was able to do it. I would've never left if I knew this would happen."

"I'm so sorry, Pema. I tried to save her but Unalaq tricked me," Korra says, also feeling guilty.

"Don't worry, honey," Tenzin says to his wife. "I'm not going to stop until our little girl is back safe with us."

...

The temple is quiet. Even when we're all together, no one can say anything. Korra and I are going back to Republic City soon to hopefully convince Raiko into letting his forces help us defeat Unalaq. This isn't just the south's problem anymore. If Unalaq sets Vaatu free, this is a problem the world has to take on. I'm sorry, but I cannot go through ten thousand years of darkness.

I stand up suddenly from my seat, as I feel overwhelmed. Something is wrong... It's Jinora, I can feel her energy. She's scared, but it's not just that, it's so many things. My home, I can hear the land calling out to us, it's in distress. Something bad is coming. I want to tell Tenzin, but he's already overwhelmed and scared for Jinora. I'm afraid that it'll all be too much for him. I'll just tell my sister, and we'll handle this.

My eyesight becomes misty, my head is spinning. "Kitty, what's wrong?" I hear Korra ask.

Everything.

"Um, nothing... We should go."

I try to look as normal as possible before I head toward the door.

"Are you sure?" She asks. "It's a long trip, I thought you'd like a few hours of sleep before we head back to Republic City."

"There's no time, let's go."

"She's right," Tenzin agrees with me. "We should get going."

We say our goodbye's quickly and slip out the door, not before reassuring Pema again that we will get Jinora back. She and the children are coming back to the city by ship.