Chapter 14: The Tabantha Frontier

"We're never gonna get out of this canyon!" Link complained "The most we found down here was the Forgotten Temple, and it was full of corrupted guardians!"

"Don't give up" Navi whispered

"Yeah, yeah" Link muttered "We're lucky we haven't died down here"

"It hasn't been too long" Zelda reminded Link "I'm sure Epona is still alright"

They were walking south down the canyon now, since it was the only direction to go.

"Hey...." Zelda said "The Sheikah Slate is detecting a lot of metal nearby"

"Really?" Link asked

"Yeah" Zelda replied "There's like, a ton of metal balls scattered around this part of the canyon. I'm detecting them with a rune I didn't mention earlier, the Magnesis Rune"

"This is just a little south of where we fell from the bridge" Link said "We walked past the trampoline just a little bit ago"

"I know how we can get out of here!" Zelda jumped up

"How?" Link asked

"The metal balls seem to have all fallen down here, and seem to form a path that goes up the wall of the canyon. There means there is some kind of path that can get us back to Tabantha!"

"Follow the metal, I guess" Link said "I mean, you're the one with the Sheikah Slate, so.... I mean...."

Zelda detected a metal ball nearby with the Magnesis Rune, and they walked up to it.

Zelda and Link walked in the direction of the path of metal balls, and they started to find a path going up the side of Tanagar Canyon.

"I think it's working!" Zelda exclaimed "We're saved!"

Zelda and Link finally made it out of the canyon, and they found Epona waiting still at the place where the Tabantha Great Bridge once stood complete.

"Don't worry Epona" Link smiled "We're back"

Epona seemed to be happy at this

"How do we get over the canyon?" Zelda asked "The bridge kind of fell apart, and there's no way over!"

"Hey!" Link said, pointing in the air at a scale of Dinraal that was falling from the sky as the fire dragon flew by "A Shooting Star!"

"I wish that we could cross this canyon!" Zelda said

They turned to see the Tabantha Great Bridge in better shape than it had been before.

"Hey!" Link inspected the ruined bridge again "I don't think this bridge is in as bad of shape as we thought it was!"

"What if we fall down again?" Zelda asked

"Easy" Link asid "We can just use the Magnesis to find our way out like we did before"

"Good thinking Link" Zelda smiled

They got on Epona, and she slowly trotted over what remained of the Tabantha Great Bridge, crossing Tanagar Canyon.

They left Ridgeland Province, and were now in Tabantha Province.

"So Zelda" Link said as they rode Epona northwest through the Tabantha Frontier "Know anything about the Tabantha Province?"

"Well" Zelda began "It's called the Frontier because it's the edge of exploration, and not many people ever settled beyond it. The furthest out settlements are Rito Village, and the Tabantha Village in the Hebra Province"

"Okay" Link sighed "Man, I wonder who this Ravioli fellow is"

"I think the Fortune Teller said Revali" Zelda told Link

"Oh" Link chuckled

They were almost at Lake Totori, the large blue lake that had small pillars of rock sprouting out of it, the largest one being known as Mount Totori, the mountain that was covered in huts and stairs that form Rito Village

"Do we go up the bridge?" Link asked

"Probably" Navi said

Zelda had already tied Epona to a tree and started walking up the bridge that led to Rito Village.

Once inside the bridge, angered Rito guards held out their spears

"Identify yourself, foreigners!" the Rito snarled

"Uh, I'm Link" Link said "I'm looking for a Rito named Revali?"

"You're looking for Master Revali?" the guard asked "Right this way!"

The guard called for a Rito who seemed to be named Teba, and Teba walked with Link and Zelda

"Zelda" Teba said "Interesting, you share the name with one of the deceased monarchs of Hyrule"

"Who is this Revali person?" Link asked

"He's the greatest archer in Hyrule" Teba explained "Previously one of the four champions, and former pilot of Divine Beast Vah Medoh, the hunk of sheikah tech that sits dormant atop Mount Totori"

Teba left Link and Zelda in the hands of the Rito Elder, Kaneli

"These are dark times" Kaneli shivered "Revali is at the Flight Range out at the border of Hebra and Tabantha. He does not take new people kindly though"

"Okay" Zelda replied

"You" Kaneli pointed at Link with his feathers "You look familiar, as if I have seen you with Revali before....."

"Well, I was-" Link started "Uh, nevermind"

Revali is clearly the Rito Champion in my Bloodstained Champions Photo so I should've known him, but I don't want to just reveal that I'm the reincarnation of the Hylian Champion to the world.

"You've never met him" Zelda chuckled "Never ever"

"Okay" Kaneli said

"Stat here with Teba and Kaneli" Link told Zelda "I want to meet this Revali alone"

"Okay" Zelda replied