Chapter 9

Waking up the next morning, Michelle noticed she was still laying between the two sleeping specialists. She slept really well after they joined her, but she felt like she was betraying herself by doing so.

That's why she tried to carefully wiggle out of their grips without waking them up and opted for sleeping on the couch until they would wake up. Luckily for her, it worked. Now she just had to carefully get to the couch. Michelle didn't have the clearest mind when she woke up so she might have forgotten that her ankle was busted. But oh boy, did she feel it when she tried to stand on it.

Silently cursing, she sat back on the bed while cradling her ankle. Hoping Sky and Riven hadn't heard her. The two boys hadn't. But they had felt the pain that their mate felt so they were instantly awake.

"Princess, are you alright?" Riven asked while quickly scanning her over. "I'm fine." Michelle said through gritted teeth. "I just forgot my ankle was hurt, it's fine. Go back to sleep." "What were you trying to do, love? I can help you if you want." Sky asked and offered. But Michelle didn't want his help. She still wanted to go home. Having them sleep in the same bed as her had been a moment of weakness for the strawberry blonde but it didn't change her feelings. She had to go home. Her parents would be freaking out if she didn't.

"I don't need your help." She said while standing up. "What I need is for you to let me go home."

So, she was still on that. Riven and Sky knew it would be too good to be true if she had accepted them last night. But hearing those words coming from her right now hurt them a lot.

"Princess, as said yesterday, we can't let you go. I'm sorry." Riven said, hurt evident in his tone. "Love, please understand where we are coming from. We can't let you go without us and it's not safe for us to leave." Sky added, hurt also noticeable in his voice and trying to reach out to her.

Slightly moving backwards so he wouldn't be able to reach her, she retorted "I don't understand where you're coming from and I'll never will. I still think you made a mistake. I'm not your mate." Riven and Sky were getting agitated now. What else did they have to do to prove that she was their mate?

Remembering their marks, they knew another way to show her. "Look, princess. Soulmates from the Otherworld have the initials of their mate on them until they touch them. As soon as they touch the initials will be replaced by the first and last name of their mate." And there it was. Her name on both of their wrists. Michelle Peters. There was no way of denying it anymore. The chance that they would have met a different Michelle Peters that had the same busted ankle and feelings of panic at the exact same time was non-existent. "Well, fuck my life." She silently stated. How the hell was she going to argue this.

"How do I know that you didn't just write my name there?" She knew it was a long shot but she had to try. "Love, you are our mate. Stop trying to deny it. The proof is here. You are ours and we will not let you out of our sights." Sky said while walking towards her like a predator would towards his pray. All the while Michelle was slowly walking backwards she knew she was screwed when she felt the door against her back.

She was caged in again, just as she was in Dowling's office. Riven joined him on the other side and whispered in her ear "you're ours, princess, you'll just have to accept it."

And then she felt cold again. They had taken a couple steps back before they would lose control. "We agreed that we would finish the talk with Dowling and Silva today. Do you want me to get you some clothes from your sister or do you want to borrow something of ours?" Sky asked her while silently praying she would pick something of theirs.

"If you could get my skirt and the red shirt Bloom borrowed, that would be great." Michelle said, sure that she didn't want to go outside in their clothes before anyone got the wrong idea. Sky on the other hand was a bit disappointed but he did suggest it so he couldn't complain that much. "Yeah, sure, I'll get it for you love. Riv, you take care of her okay? I'll be right back." "You got it, mate."