Chapter 37 [M]: There's a Piece of You in How I Dress

Sex can be frustrating when it's not happening.

Lately, Bryce has been having a hard time seeing the blurry barrier between what is appropriate or not when it comes to thinking about Ian. One wouldn't exactly call mentally undressing your boyfriend who's sitting literally two inches from you romantic, not that he gave more than half a fuck though.

When another week passed, what first started as bad luck began being sad. Then came the time Bryce got the closest thing to sex with his boyfriend when the brunet walked in on him naked in the shower. It was the morning after they cuddled like conservative bunnies all night, but that's not even the worst part.

The moment he realized it, Ian had apologized and darted out of there as fast as he could. That was when things began being cruel.

Bryce could use all the excuses in the world to convince himself that he's on board this waiting-slash-anticipation thing his smart-ass loving boyfriend was so eager to do, but the fact of the matter is he's not. If he was going to get married right now, his balls would be his something blue. Waiting was like he's being tortured for something he didn't know, although he would be more than delighted to give it if he did.

Fast forward to today, Ian invited him over to his place for what Bryce first thought was for another cuddle session under the least sex-witnessed covers in the world, but turned out to be something he couldn't tell is worse or better.

Right now, they're cleaning the attic of Ian's house upon his mom's request since she's taking Evie for her monthly check-up. Well, at least he's moving some of his muscles with this.

"You okay? You've been very quiet," Bryce looked away from the shelf he was previously arranging at the sound of his boyfriend's voice. The door clicked shut behind Ian who had a new empty box in hand before he sat on one of the oak stools.

The morning was as still as a lifeless bird and Bryce is a whisper too close to being that bird.

"I'm okay," he said with a smile, bending down to kiss the brunet on the cheek. Well, technically speaking, he is. He's not homeless anymore, he's not living through his car's heater, he's well-fed again bla bla bla. Un-technically speaking, he's not. He needs sex. Sex with his boyfriend, sex with Ian, just sex and sex, sex, sex

He was starting to creep himself out.

Ian smiled back. "Okay," he mouthed. "Let me just fill these up then we can take a break."

Bryce's breath hitched in his throat at his boyfriend's choice of words. This has been happening for quite longer than he liked at first; it was like Ian was a walking trigger. Everything he says and does could and would easily flip the sensitive switch in Bryce, specifically the one he has in his pants. Earlier, when Ian was clearing out one of his mom's old dressers, Bryce couldn't take his eyes off his ass. When the brunet caught him, he waved it off, laughing when he said "I don't mind if you stare at them all day, but would you please help me get this off?" pertaining to get a big white sheet out of his way, not in Bryce's head though. At that point, Ian was one breath away from giving his boyfriend a boner.

Bryce didn't know it could get worse from there until he felt a pair of hands on his waist.

"Sorry, I just need to..." Ian spoke a little too close to his ear as he pushed his body forward to reach for something from the cabinet above Bryce, his one hand staying on the blond's hip to keep both on balance. Bryce was trying not to lose it when Ian started groaning and grunting as he attempted harder each time to reach for whatever it was that he wanted so much. "Fuck," he cursed before mumbling an apology.