Chapter 38: You're Not the Only One With Daddy Issues

"Baby," Ian's shoulders visibly shuddered at the sudden hot breath against his ear, his senses spiking a mile high when the voice's owner started kissing down to the back of his neck. "Wake up, I'm hungry."

He moaned, burying his face on the pillow before groaning when he felt an arm drape over his waist, forcing his back to meet his boyfriend's cold, hard chest and his half-lidded eyes to the light. He didn't say another word, intending on fooling Bryce into thinking he was still asleep.

"I'm not easy to trick, Ian," Bryce murmured against his hair, his words pushing the loud echo of Ian's snort to bounce on the walls. The blond's eyebrows furrowed at the obvious malice behind his boyfriend's laughter. "Why are you laughing?"

Ian turned his neck to face him, nose wrinkling with an intent to look adorable as he pressed a kiss on Bryce's lips. "Nothing," he said teasingly, his words not helping to shed a light on the blond's confusion. "It's so cute how you don't see the irony in that."

"What irony?" Bryce asked, still confused, which made Ian not help but giggle. Bryce frowned and kicked him on the knee. "Stop it."

"Okay," Ian gave in almost instantly, wrapping his arms around Bryce's shoulder, clinging onto his boyfriend like a koala bear while the latter's fingers found home in tangled brown waves. "What do you wanna eat? We don't have to wait for Mom, she said we can order lunch ourselves if we want."

"I'm fine with anything. I saw the pizza we had last night in the fridge, I can eat that," Bryce replied, rolling over so Ian was laying on top of him before pressing a kiss on his jaw. "And it's way past lunch."

The brunet's fond smile vanished at his words. "What?" he said, propping himself up on Bryce's chest before running towards the closed curtains, letting out a gasp when he saw the dark sky. "How long was I asleep for?"

Bryce shrugged, a sheepish smile on his face with his eyes lured towards his boyfriend's very naked ass. "Doesn't matter," he said despite not actually hearing what Ian just said.

"What time is it?"

"Seven? Eight, probably."

"And Mom?"

It seemed like that part wouldn't have occurred to him if Ian hadn't mentioned it when Bryce shot up attentively, reaching for his phone. "I haven't heard anyone downstairs yet," he said, his fingers already working on the dial pad. "You want me to call her?"

"Nah, it's fine," Ian waved him off as he jumped back under the sheets, snuggling into his boyfriend's warmth. "She probably canceled the doctor's appointment and brought Evie to the mall again."

Bryce hummed, pulling the comforter close to Ian's neck and dimming the lamp before pulling him close. "Why?" he asked, and there goes his plan of eating cold pizza. He doesn't mind though, he and Ian are on the honeymoon phase of their new relationship, which apparently is a hundred times better than cold pizza.

"Well if you must know..." Ian drawled while playing with the corners of Bryce's pillow, twisting and pulling its ends while the blond drew circles on his back with his fingers. "Ever since my dad, you know, left or whatever, she started spending all her free hours in the mall when we moved in here to let her mind off of things, as in my father and the death of David Bowie." Bryce snorted, the brunet laughing in return. "I was more than happy about it, figured it's better than her turning into one of those alcoholic divorcees," he added. "I used to go with her myself, even mess around the stores and try on dresses just to see her laugh once for the whole day."

"I bet you looked adorable."

"Not much adorable as Minnie Mouse-y."

Bryce chuckled, his one hand traveling up to Ian's face to brush the lint off his nose, listening as he went on. "Then Evie came, and Mom started bringing her more," he said, breathing in the blond's cologne.