59

After breakfast, Angelina went up to her room and a maid gave her a gown to wear.

However the dress wasn't too luxurious and looked quite plain and cheap.

Angelina was confused. It couldn't be that the emperor was a cheap person right...?

Her thoughts were written on her face so obviously, even the maid could guess what she was thinking.

The maid smirked and whispered to Angelina about Charles's plan. Angelina let out a smile.

She put on the cheap looking dress and the maids gave her makeup that made it look like she had some dirt on her face.

Once they were done, Angelina went outside the mansion, where she saw a carriage waiting for her.

Charles also was waiting outside for her.

She approached him and said, "hey...umm..thanks for helping me...I would probably be dead had you not done that..."

"I couldn't just stay and do nothing.... I would cause me great pain if you left me again..." He reached out and patted the top of her head.

Of course he immediately went to help her. He couldn't bear it if they end up seperatted once more.

Angelina stared at him in a daze. He really is handsome.

"Well I just wanted to express my thanks" she smiled.

"Mhmm" he backed away.

"Well, I'll be going now." Angelina turned around and went inside the carriage.

He watched as the carriage went further and further away.

His heart itched again. He felt extremely guilty and pity for her.

He felt the urge to dote and cherish her again.

When she smiled, he noticed she wasn't as lively and spirited as she used to be.

She did go through a lot...

The carriage was now out of his line if sight, and he felt a surge of determination withing him.

This time..

He definitely won't let her be harmed again.

*************
The carriage stopped near the Skyler estate's gates, but far enough so no one can see them.

Angelina got off the carriage and said her thanks to the servants who took her here.

She could see the silouet of the mansion from there.

The carriage took of and Angelina walked slowly towards the direction of the mansion.

After walking for about twenty minutes, a few of the guards who were on duty, spotted her and immediately reported it to their leader.

While some of them went to tell the duke, some came running over to help Angelina back on horse.

The guard reached out his hand told her to get on the horse.

Angelina stretched out her arm and thanked him.

"Thank you, sir" she smiled charmingly.

He blushed but immediately pushed away the thought and made their way toward the mansion.

Since she was no longer just walking and was now on horse, they arrived much faster.

The whole Skyler family was just done eating breakfast and was about to leave the dining room, when they heard the news.