𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 3࿐⋆sister?⋆

"Ronald, I will grab that rat and squash it under my foot if you don't move!"

────⍣☆☾☼✧☼☽☆⍣────

After finishing his Divination exam, Harry dashed down the spiral staircase and towards the Gryffindor common room.

By the time he had reached the portrait hole and entered the common room, it was almost deserted. Over in the corner, however, sat Ron, Y/N, and Hermione.

"Professor Trelawney," Harry panted, "just told me-"

But he stopped abruptly at the sight of their faces.

"Buckbeak lost," said Ron weakly. "Hagrid's just sent this."

Lost appeal. They're going to execute at sunset. Nothing you can do. Don't come down. I don't want you to see it.

Hagrid.

"We've got to go," said Harry at once. "He can't just sit there on his own, waiting for the executioner!"

"Sunset, though," said Ron, who was staring out the window in a glazed sort of way. "We'd never be allowed...'specially you, Harry..."

Harry sank his head into his hands, thinking.

"Hello?" Y/N called, staring at her best friends. "Are we forgetting that Hazza has an Invisibility Cloak?"

They went down to dinner with everybody else, but did not return to Gryffindor Tower afterward. Harry had the Cloak hidden down the front of his robes; he had to keep his arms folded to hide the lump.

"You look like you're pregnant, Hazza," Y/N whispered in his ear, making him hit her on the arm as she snickered.

They skulked in an empty chamber off the entrance hall, listening, until they were sure it was deserted. They heard a last pair of people hurrying across the hall and a door slamming. Hermione poked her head around the door.

"Okay," she whispered, "no one there- Cloak on-"

Walking very close together so that nobody would see them, they crossed the hall on tiptoe beneath the Cloak, then walked down the stone front steps into the grounds.

They reached Hagrid's cabin and knocked. He was a minute in answering, and when he did, he looked all around for his visitor, pale-faced and trembling.

"It's us," Harry hissed. "We're wearing the Invisibility Cloak. Let us in and we can take it off."

"Yeh shouldn've come!" Hagrid whispered, but he stood back, and they stepped inside.

Hagrid was not crying, nor did he throw himself upon their necks. He looked like a man who did not know where he was or what to do. This helplessness was worse to watch than tears.