CHAPTER 45

As soon as it hit seven am, Lyra went out for a walk, she would just have a look around, since she's new maybe she can make friends.

As she was walking she went to a nearby park, she looked around and admired the view it was mesmerising, she wasn't looking at where she was going when she bumped to someone.

"I'm sorry" She said standing up, brushing the dirt off.

"It's alright, are you new here?" The person asked Lyra looked up and saw a boy.

"Excuse me, Miss?" The boy asked cutting her off from her trance.

"Erm, uhm, yes I'm quite alright" She said.

"You're British, are you?" The boy asked and Lyra nodded, when the boy noticed that she wasn't listening he chuckled and started to speak again.

"I'm Julian, Julian Smith, and I'm guessing that you're a Malfoy" He said looking at her, Lyra snorted, and Julian was shocked by her actions.

"To correct you Sir I am not a Malfoy, I am a Black" She spat rather bitterly, and the boy backed away with his hands in the air.

"Take a chill pill, you can pass as one" He said.

"I'm sorry for my rudeness I didn't mean to" Lyra said.

"You know, you can tell me your name, since I told you mine" He said, and Lyra chuckled.

"How rude of me, I'm Lyra, Lyra Black" She said, with a smile.

"As in Sirius Black's daughter?" He asked and the girl nodded.

"And I'm guessing that you're a Wizard, since you know The Malfoy's" Lyra said, and Julian nodded.

"Yes, and I know that you need help, to get around here" Julian said with a smile.

"Yup, I need to know, since I'm new, if that didn't escape your notice" Lyra said, and Julian nodded.

"Well you have a tour guide right here, lets go" Julian said, and pulled her away from the park, he started to tour her around, he showed her all the things she should know, he also told some facts about Ilvermorny, and their houses, and Lyra was glad to make a friend like him.

"Where do you live?" Julian said when their tour ended.

"Well I own the new Bookshop down the street" She said with a smile.

"I'm guessing you're going to be busy this coming week, since school starts in two weeks" Julian said, and Lyra nodded.

"Are you opening today?" He asked and Lyra nodded.

"Awesome, I can be your first costumer" Julian said and Lyra smiled.

"You have kids?" She asked, and Julian dramatically gasped.

"I'm single, it's for my Brother" He said, and Lyra blushed out of embarrassment.

"Sorry" She quietly said.

"Don't worry I get that a lot" He said, and Lyra calmed down a bit.

"Come in" Lyra said, and the two of them went inside the bookshop.

"Tell me why you're here at America, if you're a Black shouldn't you be at Britain kr something" He said looking around the place.

"You did this in just a few hours?" He said looking around.

"Yeah my D- Godfather helped me" She said, she almost slipped that her father was their that morning and she doesn't want him to figure out, or else his father can be in grave danger.

"I see" Julian said, and went to the Fifth years section of books.

As he was picking some books, Lyra saw an owl tap at the window of the shop she opened the door and the owl went in dropping a lot of letters in her desk.

"That's a lot" Julian said with a laugh looking at the letters in her desk.

"How much for all of these?" Julian asked.

"That would be- one, two, three, four, five, six- ten, fifteen galleons" She said, and Julian started to pay up.

"You'll be attracting a lot of costumers, this bookshop would attract muggles, and this is the only bookshop near any wizarding families as well, I think your business will be booming" Julian said and Lyra only smiled.

"I'll visit often, bye!" He said before walking out the door, Lyra sat down and started to open the letters one by one, she was just gone for a few hours, but they're already making her miss home more.

She opened the first letter and it was from Fred and George.

Dear Lyra,

We used our wand to tell the quill what to right, I- We George, we, Yes we, we would like to know if you're available before the term starts, we'll be at the shop, and we don't want you to miss it.

Oh and Ly, there's a necklace attached to the letter if you saw it then wear it, it suites you- George can you stop flirting?

Um yes sorry about that, but yes, we hope to see you.

Love,

Georgie, and Freddie, your favourite twins.

She flipped the envelope of the letter, and saw the necklace she took it and examined it, it was beautiful, next she opened a letter from her Uncle Ted, and Aunt Andy.

Lyra

Me and your Uncle hope that you're doing well, it's only a few hours, but we really miss you, this wouldn't be to long, we just hope that you can stay safe.

-Aunt Andy, and Uncle Ted.

Next was from Ron.

Ly,

Good day to you, as much as I hate to say this, I have to, I miss you, I miss how you boss me around every morning, because I'm to slow, and I'm to stubborn to admit you're right.

I'll send you a letter when I get to Hogwarts, hope that you're safe.

-Ronald (Yes I also miss that)

Then she picked up Draco's.

Dearest Cousin,

This letter is from me and Potter, so please bear with us.

We know that it would be a year? Or months before we see you, but we really hope we can see you before term starts, we'll need you, and you're the best you know that?

And I do hope that this is for the best We bloody miss you already, and fuck it has only been a few hours.

And I know that you'll be fine, but still stay safe.

Love,

Ferret, and Stag

Lyra read and laughed at the nicknames that were used, The ferret and the stag did suite them, but she prefers Dragon, and lion.

She looked at her table again, and saw she had three parcels, one From Hermione, HoneyDukes finest chocolate, and a book to remind her of Hogwarts.

While Ginny gave her, a dungbomb from Zonkos, while Mrs. Weasley gave her a Weasley sweater, and Remus and Sirius gave her a necklace to remember home.

She took all of it, in her room, which she put a spell, so no one could see the door from the very back behind the seventh year books.

She looked around and turned the closed sign to open, she knows how to handle muggle money, so this would be easy, as she flipped the sign, muggles went in and started to buy books, and she was certain that the charm had worked, for when someone goes near, they turn around quickly, and walk away from the section.

---

:))