Chapter 29

Scarlett and Lauren stayed silent through the whole movie, sometimes stealing glances at each other, but that was all.

Lauren's phone started to beep and she picked it up, a FaceTime call.

Scarlett kept her attention on the TV while Lauren saw that it was Camila who called.

It connected and Lauren's eyes lit up.

"Camz!" Lauren smiled.

"My interview ended early and if I go to bed in like twenty minutes, I won't be so tired at 4 am in the morning. Sorry, I'm rambling." Camila said and Lauren shook her head.

"No, no, tell me about why you can do this now. Tell me about your day. I'd love to hear about it."

"Well, first, I went and hung out with Ed Sheeran and I almost cried. I wish you would've been there!" Camila exclaimed.

"That's amazing, Camz!" Lauren exclaimed cheerfully.

Camila talked about the various events that happened in her day while Lauren listened and Scarlett watched the movie.

"I want you to meet someone! I met her like the other day and she's tutoring me," Lauren said and Scarlett glanced over.

"Oh! Who?" Camila curiously asked.

"Scarlett." Lauren smiled and directed the camera towards Scarlett.

"Hi," Scarlett smiled.

"Hi!" Camila grinned.

"Has Lauren been good and focusing so far?"

"Oh yeah, but she's a handful." Scarlett falsely sighed and Camila laughed.

"Oh, I know."

"Camz!" Lauren exclaimed.

"What?"

"You're supposed to be on my side!" Lauren exclaimed and Camila laughed some more.

"Camila! You need your rest. You're waking up at 3 am in the morning!" A girl's voice yelled out.

Camila sighed and rolled her eyes. "Gotcha!"

"I have to go, Scarlett, Lauren."

"I'll talk to you later!" Scarlett exclaimed and Camila nodded.

"I'll see ya babygirl." Lauren smiled sadly.

"You better!" Camila smiled before hanging up.

Lauren sighed loudly and Scarlett stared at her.

"She's nice." Scarlett smiled.

"Yeah, she is. I just don't think I'm enough for her." Lauren slumped in her seat.

"Don't say that, Jauregui. You're more than enough for her and she obviously knows that. Don't doubt it."

"I always doubt it. I doubt it every single fucking day, Scar."

"Well, don't."

"I can't fucking do that when that's always on mind! She's hanging out with fucking Ed Sheeran and all these other stars that are way better than me and hang with her more."

"Jauregui, you're fucking insane. Don't do anything you'll regret."

"I regret everything, eventually." Lauren sighed.

"You'll end up breaking her heart. I can see the way she looks at you, she's completely and totally swooned by you. So don't fucking mess up and if you do? Fix it. Do what you think is best for her."