Chapter 23

Francy's p

Francy's p.o.v

That damn Lucy got away. Slowly the adrenalin left my body and I could no longer chase after him. I walked back to the house, but everyone was back to their business. Ace and Remi were still outside, Remi holding a handkerchief on Ace's nose and leaning him back.

"Remi go get the car, you're taking us to the ER and then home." I told her glaring down at Ace.

I noticed there was so much blood on her hands and shirt. I was pissed.

"No, Francy..." He started complaining but I grabbed his shoulder and pressed the handkerchief on his nose.

"And once we get home. I'm calling the Family Court!" I told him.

Remi and Ace froze in place.

"The family court?" Remi asked frozen.

"The family court?" Ace caught my hand. "Francy don't you think you are overreacting..."

"The family court!" I said and forced him to get up.

We'll see to this at home.

***

The light in the attic was dimmed. Chairs were positioned on both sides of the room. The judge's seat was behind the orator pedestal.. Candles light up the rest of the room, especially where the judge resided. The heater was on low making it colder in the room. Rain could be heard pouring outside.

THE FAMILY COURT.

It was rarely summoned. It required the most drastic of situations to be summoned, where one of the subjects was an accuser and the other was the defendant. The last time it had been held was two years ago, when Rehan had stolen Ace's new joystick and had shredded it to pieces playing with what was inside out of curiosity. Mind you that the joystick was very expensive as Ace had gathered money for months to purchase it.

It was a long trial and it ended with severe punishment for Rehan.

The thing about the Family Court is that it's final. If you're judged innocent no one can complain. If you're guilty. You pay a hefty price.

The family court was born out of a heavy mistake of letting our parents solve our fights. They would make us hug and forgive each other and talk kind words to each other until we were no longer fighting, not pointing out who was wrong or right. But that only made us brew in anger and we decided JUSTICE MUST PREVAIL.

So the Family Court was formed with the sole intention of solving these problems.

There was one judge. And one lawyer representing the guilty.

Sometimes there would be a witness or an expert to join these trials. Usually was Remi or Fin. But not always.

In the history of the Family Court, we have had only one judge. It was the one who was never involved in an incident, never chose a side and had always respected the rules.