6.09

The next morning, Helena and Cristina walked through the hallway to find Meredith

The next morning, Helena and Cristina walked through the hallway to find Meredith. Once they did, they shared a look, each of them grabbing on of the girl's arms and pulling her into a meeting room.

"What's happening?" The blond asked, Helena closing the door behind her.

"Teddy. Turns out she loved Owen. And I though she came here to be all Teddy and Owen but there's me and now she's all pained and threatening to leave and I told her she could have him." Cristina explained as the short girl nodded along.

"What?" Meredith asked, shocked.

"She's an amazing teacher and I'm happy again and I-I'm in the OR and I'm feeling like myself. And of course I didn't mean it, I mean, I love Owen. I love him. But that means I don't get to have her so... maybe I meant it?" She finished.

"Ok, here's the thing. You can't talk like this. I mean, I get you, but other people don't. So you can't talk like this." Meredith told them, Helena humming in agreement.

"Yes, it's like telling someone their baby is ugly. I mean, they know it, you know it, everybody knows it but you don't say it." Helena explained.

"So you two are saying surgery, right? Gun to your head, you'd chose surgery over Derek and Mark?" She asked.

"We're saying don't talk about this. And don't talk about it to Owen." Meredith told her.

"Ok, my turn. Mark just, out of the blue, told Sloan she could move in with us and we'd help her raise the baby. Without asking me first." Helena sighed.

"What?" Cristina asked. "Is that why you were sleeping in my couch?"

"Yeah, we had this big fight and, I-I mean, I'm not saying I wouldn't do it but he didn't even ask me! He changed out whole lives without even consulting me." The brunette explained. "So now I'm trying to figure out if I can do this. Because I want to and I love him, and Sloan could become our family, she could... but I don't wanna say I'm ok with this and then bail down the road, so I'm trying to figure out if I've got it in me to be a grandmother... at twenty six."  She took a deep breath as she finished. "It just hurts that he didn't respect me enough to ask me first, you know?"

"I'd bail." Cristina shrugged.

"Yeah, my commitment issues would have me half way across the country." Meredith chuckled.

"Not helpful." Helena glared at her people.

——

"What the hell is the matter with you?" Addison asked Mark, who followed her into her office in LA. They had left Sloan with one of Addison's coworkers, one Mark had practically started a fight with.

"Me? You're as wound up as I've ever seen you!" Mark accused.

"I'm not the one starting school yard fights with other doctors." She scoffed.