Chapter 25

Francy's p

Francy's p.o.v

"You hung up?" Remi hit me with a pillow. "And then didn't call for three days?"

"We were going to do the family court. I had to prepare. And then I thought he'd call again." I whined and she hit me some more.

"And you gave him that pathetic excuse. Maybe the guy thinks you're trying to end it with him now." She sighed. "Take the phone Francy and repeat after me."

I took the phone ready.

"You're going to say that you're sorry for not being able to call him, that you've been thinking about him, and want to see him."

"Might as well as give me a heart attack now Remi!" I shook my head.

"Be nice to the guy. He is probably waiting for your call."

I sighed. She was right. I know she was. I wanted to say that but...

I touched my cheeks gently. They were burning up. Taking a deep breath trying to calm my voice, I dialed.

"Hey." He answered.

"Hi, um..." I stopped and Remi gestured for me to start talking and then ran out of the room.

He waited in silence for my next words.

"I'm sorry for calling you so late. There was a family emergency.."

"Is everyone okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, yeah." I cleared my throat. "It's going to resolve soon enough." I squeezed my hands in fists. "I want to see you again. I'm sorry it took so long to call you. I can't stop thinking about the date. About you."

He let out a long breath.

Oh my god. He hates me. He hates me.

"I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. These were three long days."

Okay. He's not mad. He doesn't hate me!

"Let's see each other again. This weekend?" He asked.

"I can wait one more day I guess, but can you? " I teased and heard him chuckle. Phew.

We good.

"Can you meet me around 1 at Avignon's tower ?" He asked.

"Sure." I said already thinking about what I want to wear.

"Alright then. Good night Francy."

"Goodnight." I almost sang out of happiness. I can't wait to see what he has planned this time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that night I was lounging in the living room with a face mask on watching the reruns of "Hunting down elephant poachers" with Alan and Briolette Savinsky. Ace walked in the living room humming to himself. He dropped on the couch next to me in a cuddly way.