thirty four !

chapter thirty four
dead by dawn

"you know, i'm not comfortable with this." kida was sitting on stiles' lap, with his hands around her as he drove jackson's car. she rolled her eyes, flicking the latter's head and groaning.

"if scott's dead, i'm gonna rip all of your limbs off." kida wasn't usually one for threats, but when it came to her friends and family, she was a stone cold killer. she would kill everyone in beacon hills if it meant protecting her boys. it was her fatal flaw.

"oh damn." the three climbed out of the car, with stiles throwing a molotov cocktail straight into the hands of the now wolf peter. he caught it, and as allison shot an electric arrow at the alpha, it exploded on him.

"holy fucking shit." it set his entire arm on fire, and the light burned inside kida's eyes. she watched as jackson looked down to the bottle in his hands, also throwing the cocktail towards the alpha.

by now, the alpha was completely on fire, screaming into the air. he ran towards allison, and score quickly intervened, kicking the wolf away. as he turned back to human form, he was charred and in pain, as allison cried looking at scott.

"oh my god, are you okay?" she ran towards her best friend, after letting the couple have their moment. she wrapped her arms tightly around his shoulders, dragging him to her height and smiling softly. he hugged her back, kissing her cheeks repeatedly.

eventually, stiles joined the hug, cradling his two best friends softly. the troublemaking trio were back together and stronger than ever. or so they thought. as allison's father, and derek both approached, their happiness was taken away.

scott begged and pleaded for derek to get away from the alpha. all he wanted was a normal life. he wanted to be able to be in love with allison, without fearing that her father was going to kill him.

but derek did it anyway. he wanted the power. he wanted revenge for the death of his sister. and derek wasn't an omega anymore. he was the alpha now, but he wouldn't be scott's. kida wouldn't let him control her best friend.

stiles pulled his girl under his arm, rubbing his hand gently up and down her own to warm her up. she was still in her dress from the dance, and she was standing barefoot on the floor. it felt strange on her feet, but it was sort of nice.

and so derek slashed peter's throat. his last surviving family member was now dead, and derek was left alone. not only that, but scott's life was ruined. he was stuck as a werewolf, stuck without allison. and it was going to break the poor boy's heart.

derek turned his head towards the group of teens, and one man. he flashed his red eyes at the group, uttering about how he was now the alpha. kida only sighed, looking up at her boyfriend sadly. she didn't want to admit it, but she missed her time in atlantis. everything was so much better.

but kida was done. she had stored up her anger, and she felt her hands start to shake. she stepped away from stiles, feeling her head begin to hurt. her eyes were glowing a magnificent blue, contrasting starkly to her usual brown ones.

"kie?" stiles stepped towards her but she held a hand out, stopping the boy in his tracks. her hands were shaking, and her body was beginning to lift from the floor. her body pulled itself into the air, a huge burst of light leaving her chest.

"kida?" stiles was worried for his girl. and as she lifted her hands into the air, a huge array of blue light shone from her hands and into the sky. clouds gathered above them, and as she pulled her hands back into her chest, she brought all the water from the clouds above into herself.

she began uttering in her first language, before pushing her arms out and pushing water through the hale house. it went straight through the old wooden building, and kida fell to the ground with a thud.

stiles instantly ran to her, pulling her body into his lap and caressing her hair gently. she didn't know why she did that, but she had a feeling it was to do with the small bite mark on her hip. she'd spotted it the previous night, and didn't want to alert the boys.

"thanks for saving me, batman."