38

Bakugous POV:

The wind rustled his hair as he leaned back on the rails of the balcony.

He'd been like this for a while now, standing outside lost in his thoughts.

Today's provisional license training had been exceptionally boring. And all he had been able to think about was the fact that while he had been sitting through a mind-numbing lecture, you had been meeting with the number two hero.

He hated how behind he was compared to the rest of his classmates. The fact that you had managed to obtain a provisional license and an internship within the span of a couple of days, he couldn't help the jealousy that arose.

He harbored no hard feelings toward you, in actuality he hoped that this experience would open your eyes to the potential you had for becoming a hero. Although there was something about the whole situation that didn't feel right.

The anger he was currently feeling was reserved for himself. There were so many things he could have done differently during the exam, things that could have kept him from failing so miserably. 

The sound of footsteps pulled him from his mind, looking up he watched as you stepped through the opening to the balcony.

You rubbed your arms as another gust of wind swept through the air. "I thought you'd be asleep by now, don't you go to bed at like eight?"

He stepped forward, "how'd the meeting go?"

"It was alright, the internship won't be anything complicated. As we already knew he just wants to work on my public appearance, he's also taking me with him on patrol some nights."

The reasons behind the internship still made him the slightest bit confused. "And you trust the guy? It doesn't really make sense to me why he'd be concerned about the public's opinion of a high-school girl."

You sighed, "I don't know. I can't pass up this opportunity though."

"Is it really that big of an opportunity? Since when did you care about how society feels about you?"

Your eyes narrowed and he could tell that his words were beginning to slightly piss you off. "It's more than that alright? Can you just try and act a little supportive here? I wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't something I felt was important."

"I'm just trying to say-"

"I know what you're trying to say." You took a step closer and looked down, "you're right. I shouldn't care what people think, but it's hard. If I'm ever going to live a normal life I can't have people constantly looking at me in fear, they need to realize that I am just as human as the rest of them. And that if they keep treating people like this just because they're afraid, society will become overrun with the villains that they helped to create."

He stared at you, "damn."

Your laugh as you looked back at him sent warmth through his body. "I'm not trying to get all deep right now, I'm just trying to explain that I have a chance to make a change here. I have to take it."

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

You nodded, "can we go back inside now? I don't see how you've been standing out here in a tank top."

He looked down at the clothes he was wearing, "it's not that cold."

"Ok, well not all of us have quirks that keep us warmer than others."

He raised his eyebrows, "you literally have an ability that causes your body to heat up."

You opened your mouth and then shut it once more before turning around. "Whatever smartass, I'm going inside."